Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteorb Questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Headless Puppy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Headless Puppy

Headless Puppy IncGamers Member

Meteorb Questions

So I plan on making a meteorb sorc, and I have some questions. I plan on using FO the most and only using meteor (possibly fire ball) for cold immune enemies. I plan on using this sorc mostly for MFing and the only pieces of gear I currently have are Spirit (in a 4os broadsword) and Tal Rasha's Mask. I was planning on getting an Act 2 Defiance Merc and putting Insight on him.

-How should I put my points into fire?
    -How should I distribute my stats? I want max block (how much dex is that with a monarch?) and enough strength for a Spirit monarch.
    -Where are the best places to MF?

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Meteorb Questions

Never go for max block with "spirit" monarch. If you really want max block, you should get a shield with a good block%(preferably over 60%). But since Spirit is such a great shield for sorc(especially meteorb), I would suggest going for max vita instead.

As for the MFing places, you can pretty much go where ever you like, since you dont have to worry about immunes. Andy is of course fire sorcs best friend with her -50 fire res.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

1. You will indeed be using Fireball alot and that skill does alot of damage with the Meteorb build. Actually the name of the build is a bit miss leading. You will use Meteor too, but mostly you will use Fireball and Frozen Orb. "Frozenballer" might be a more appropriate name.

For the long guide read sasja's Meteorb guide or Eilo short summary

Going maxblock with Spirit shield is possible, but you will need alot of dex (somewhere around 300) You can go this route if you want, but you might be vulnerable due to low vitality. Also to carry Spirit you will need 156 str.

2. Stats
    The usual sorceress rule of thumb:

STRENGTH: enough to carry wanted gear
    DEXTERITY: 0 or enough ofr maxblock with your chosen shield.
    VITALITY: All other points!
    ENERGY: 0!

Meteorb can nearly MF anywhere
    -Pitruns
    -Andariel
    -Mephisto
    -Pindleskin
    -Chaos Sanctuary

4. piedpiper

piedpiper IncGamers Member

Thanks for the Eilo's short summary :D
    I was looking to make a Meteorb MF sorc and I read the guide in the stickies but it's a little out of date. This one's great, I'll just be switching all the non-Tal equipment with their best mf alternatives.
    Any words of advice? Warnings for the weary traveller? Wisdom from the ages or advisory labels you'd like to stick on my forehead?

I'm startin out fresh on Europe. My best character on West got booted to NL with the reset and I'm tired of the constant gaggle of TGers and NKers dominating every single (yes...every) PK game. Faster servers too! Haha :D

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Don't only look for MF alternatives. Also look at the other stats! Far more important than the amount of MF is if your character can still survive those MF runs. Usually you will be able to find some alternatives that also have MF on them.

Also a different way to do it would be to switch weapon & shield to MF gear before you land your killing blow on the boss you are trying to MF. This works and has been proven. The MF of the gear your character wears at the killing blow will be used in the MF calculation.

6. piedpiper

piedpiper IncGamers Member

Ah yes, I'm aware of the killing blow calculations but i'll be sure to keep the other stuff in mind! Thanks!