Meteorb or CL/ORB???

FrostbaneX

Diabloii.Net Member
Meteorb or CL/ORB???

Whats better for mfing and doing hell rushes (PvM). I was going to make a CL/ORB but I hear meteorb works well....please tell me what one i should take and the set up for skills. I have all the perfect gear and this is what im gonna wear:

Shako(Ptopaz)
SS (Um)
Tal armor(P Topaz)
Maras Ammy
Raven Frost Rings/Nagels
Acradins Mesh
Travs
Occy(Um)
Frosties/Magefist

PLease tell me I wanna do all sorts of mf runs...as well as rush hell continuously for my precious high level runes :buddies: :yep:

Compman

Diabloii.Net Member
My personal preference would be Meteorb for MF and CL/Orb for rushing. CL/Orb lacks the concentrated firepower of Meteor which kills bosses quickly, but it has the advantage over Meteor for clearing large groups quickly which makes it ideal for rushing. I guess it's all up to you in the end.

FrostbaneX

Diabloii.Net Member
Compman said:
My personal preference would be Meteorb for MF and CL/Orb for rushing. CL/Orb lacks the concentrated firepower of Meteor which kills bosses quickly, but it has the advantage over Meteor for clearing large groups quickly which makes it ideal for rushing. I guess it's all up to you in the end.
I understand and thank what your saying but if I pick CL then im going to max lightning...i hear its one of the best boss killers

Drazeel

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning with an item that reduces enemy LR (crescent moon, griffon eye or even LR charges wand), FCR, and hefty +skills will tear up anything.

The same can be said about Meteor and Fireball.

They play very differently, I prefer CL/orb because I don't like waiting for the meteor to fall. I like to port around annihilating a room from all angles with chains. You have a very nice setup there, so either will work. CL/Orb also does very well in the Pits and I have no problems with Meph (my gear is worse than yours, but I have a LR wand just for Meph).

Celandro

Diabloii.Net Member
Drazeel said:
Lightning with an item that reduces enemy LR (crescent moon, griffon eye or even LR charges wand), FCR, and hefty +skills will tear up anything.

The same can be said about Meteor and Fireball.

They play very differently, I prefer CL/orb because I don't like waiting for the meteor to fall. I like to port around annihilating a room from all angles with chains. You have a very nice setup there, so either will work. CL/Orb also does very well in the Pits and I have no problems with Meph (my gear is worse than yours, but I have a LR wand just for Meph).
CL/Orb is definitely the best sorc build for pits. Pure CL (what I am) has some problems with those damn light immune archers. As far as killing bosses goes, there is only fire facets and 3 item tal set orb for reducing enemy fire resists. That is the major problem with the Metoer build.

PS. Crescent moon rocks for a light sorc.. its insane :p. get your skills and fcr and resists somewhere else :p

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not too sure about Boss killing with a Chainorb, since I haven't done as much rushing with her as I have with my Meteorb, but I do know that my Chainorb is excellent for clearing areas, and Pitruns are a breeze with her. I'm currently at work on my Blizzie meph runner, but after her I plan on finishing my Chainorb and gearing her up for rushes and mfing. I think a couple of facets and an eschuta's will definitely help speed things along for her.

-X