Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteorb or Blizzard for HC MF

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by voraginous, Jul 7, 2008.

1. voraginous

voraginous IncGamers Member

Meteorb or Blizzard for HC MF

Hey all I'm making a new sorceress for MF on the USWest Hardcore ladder, and I was wondering whether you guys would suggest meteorb or blizz?

THANKS

2. Burn-X

Burn-X IncGamers Member

Re: Meteorb or Blizzard for HC MF

Depends what kind of runs you wish to to. Typically single element users will run bosses where else multiple element users will run specific areas (e.g Pits). They are not forced to do these runs exclusive, but it leverages onto their build strengths.

I've read Blizzard Sorc are pretty popular this new ladder season though.

3. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Blizzard sorceresses easy*. In hardcore, it's all about the single element sorceresses with an energy shield as a buffer.

Try reading the orb/tk guide and use that info. There are very few top sorc running more than 1 tree. The reason is that energy shield is such a good buffer that bypassing it in HC can mean an increased chance to die from lag etc... Once you spend those 25+points in Eshield and telekenesis, there really isn't enough left for a dual tree.

*now if you were asking orb vs bliz, the question is harder to answer.

**if you have tals, ss and etc, it would work, but I am assuming you are starting untwinked.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  4. voraginous

voraginous IncGamers Member

I probably wanna run Bosses, so I guess I am going pure Blizz or pure Orb. Is there any advantage to either? I have been reading guides and I cannot seem to figure it out. I have checked pit the orbTK guide thanks wangbobw

5. Burn-X

Burn-X IncGamers Member

I say pick Blizzard over Orb. Orb requires you to cause the Orb explosion to occur inside the boss for huge damage. Thus this skill actually requires some skill to use. Where Blizzard is just a simple matter of click on target.

Orb obviously have a better AOE area than Blizzard so you can clear areas while still doing excellent damage to a single target if done right.

In the end though, its which one of the two play styles you think you'll enjoy the most :)