Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteorb/Keyruns

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CrooklynDodger, May 25, 2008.

1. CrooklynDodger

CrooklynDodger IncGamers Member

Meteorb/Keyruns

Ok well I just made a meteorb sorc and I have been having pretty good success with her in all aspects. She's pretty low level but still handles everything with relative ease. I started to keyrun with her since I like to run countess anyway otherwise my games are too short and I get realmed so she's a nice extra trip. I handle Countess and Summoner with ease clearing with fireball, staticing and letting merc do rest (for countess), and just raping the fragile summoner. However, the last girl (can't spell her name) Nihtalik or whatever gives me great difficulty. My sorc is a real mana eater so it's very important for my merc to stay alive however those damn poison guys always kill him. What's the best way to go about taking this foe. She's not very tough so teleing in and trying to finish her fast seems like a viable option however that also leaves a lot of corpses to get owned on and I don't know if I really want to go toe to toe with corpse explosion. Is luring the best option, and I don't real want to use slain monsters rest in peace soley because I'm too lazy to switch up my gear, but if that's the only option so be it.

As of right now I'm using...
    Full Tals
    Stormshield (66% block)
    Rare r/w tiny resist mf boots
    Magefist
    2 nagels
    Torch
    Some mf small charms

I don't quite have perfect resist but it's all over 60 and I'm relatively beefy with ss and high block

My merc using Tarnelm Skull (Yeah I'm looking to get him a gaze just waiting on a good deal)
    Some 800 def armor
    Insight

He could certainly be stronger we're both only level 77 I have a feeling if I get to higher level it should be no problem for me and the old chap but I'm impatient. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Re: Meteorb/Keyruns

First up, Nihlathak's a guy.

Back on-topic, it sounds like you're having trouble with the poison snakes, right? There's a bug that makes those snakes do physical damage in conjunction with the poison damage. Try giving your merc some integer PDR equipment, maybe a Gladiator's Bane with a Sol in it. Also, don't let him walk around near the snakes - tele past them if you can.

I'd also advise levelling up a bit more. Spend an hour or so baalrunning and you'll get well into the 80s.

3. CrooklynDodger

Oh thanks, I have no idea how I would tell if it was a girl/guy I just guessed.

I do usually tele past the snakes but my merc isn't the brightest crayon and still finds a way to walk into them. How much Gladiators Bane going for these and more importantly how much eth going for.

Yeah like I said I'm sure if I leveled myself and my ***** a bit more we wouldn't have any problems I'm just anxious plus I been getting realmed all day so doing runs has been a real annoyance.

4. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

As far as getting disconnected, try waiting for 2 seconds before each click when you're in the bnet menus outside of a game. If you go through those menus quickly, you will get disconnected.

I sympathise with your complaints about merc AI, you just have to keep teleporting to keep him next to you and unmoving. In terms of price for gbane I couldn't say, you'd need to ask in the trade values forum as it'll change depending on where you are. Shouldn't be more than pgems. In the unlikely event that you're playing on Eur/NL, you can have one off me for free.

Btw, talk to the NPCs some time. You might find out something interesting... and you should know from the moment Nihlathak starts talking which gender he is ;)

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The non-eth ones goes for pgems, and there isn't any real reason why you need an eth one for snakes, as their damage is bugged (hence always hits).

6. CrooklynDodger

I just bought the fool Shaft/Gaze and he's been doing much better I still might pick up a bane and sol it just for those losers though. Appreciate the advice. I'm still only 83 and so is spedman but we do it no problem now, I just stand back and spam fireballs until I feel ready and then clean up with orb if there's any fire immunes in the area.