Meteorb in hell

Bobbynator

Diabloii.Net Member
Meteorb in hell

My meteorb is lvl 72, currently playing in hell, after A LOT of struggle she has finnaly completed the first 4 quests in act 1. She dies often, not to mention the mercenary, and I'm not sure what to do next: go back to nightmare and run baal (altough I can only run him on /p1 and not that fast) or keep struggling in hell? This is my first char, and she doesn't have much of mfing equipment (all she's got is +50% mf sigon's boots). Suggestions are most welcome.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
With a meteorb, I might spend some time leveling up in the Crypt/Mausoleum, and even the Pit if she is up to it. Baal just takes too long. :grin:

Like crg, I'm wondering what your equipment is. There are some pretty cheap options for meteorbs out there. Also, are you self found, or are you willing to trade for items? (This can help people give you equipment suggestions that are more useful for your playstyle.)

Bobbynator

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's my gear:

WEAPON
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 50 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 65
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xfdcdc762
+10 to Energy
+57 to Life
+77 to Mana
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)

ARMOR
Stealth
Tigulated Mail
'TalEth'
Defense: 189
Durability: 35 of 36
Required Strength: 86
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0xcd74211a
+6 to Dexterity
+15 to Maximum Stamina
Regenerate Mana 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Poison Resist +30%
25% Faster Run/Walk
25% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
Socketed (2: 2 used)

HELM
The Face of Horror
Mask
Defense: 49
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 23
Required Level: 20
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x9cad5fea
+20 to Strength
+25 Defense
All Resistances +10
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
50% Damage to Undead

SHIELD
Ancients' Pledge
Ancient Shield
'RalOrtTal'
Defense: 136
Chance to Block: 36%
Durability: 80 of 80
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x950488a9
+50% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +48%
Lightning Resist +48%
Cold Resist +43%
Poison Resist +48%
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Socketed (3: 3 used)

GLOVES
Sigon's Gage
Gauntlets
Defense: 14
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 6
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xdfb322b7
+10 to Strength
+20 to Attack Rating

BOOTS
Sigon's Sabot
Greaves
Defense: 12
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Item Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x22fedcec
Cold Resist +40%
20% Faster Run/Walk

BELT
Sigon's Wrap
Plated Belt
Defense: 153
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x6e0b6c5
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +20%

AMULET
Coral Amulet of Craftmanship
Required Level: 13
Item Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x114095a7
+1 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +29%

RING 1.
Dread Grip
Ring
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xb4b3624e
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +10%
10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

RING 2.
Jade Ring of the Apprentice
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x19867a52
Poison Resist +25%
10% Faster Cast Rate

SKILLS (without skill modifiers)
Frozen Orb 20
Cold Mastery 8
Fireball 18
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 1

Resistances
NM-Maxed
Hell-Around 30 each

chillnkill

Diabloii.Net Member
Im currently playing a self found/untwinkled Meterorb so maybe I can help some.

Personally, I think you should go back and do Baal on p/1 til level 75ish. Thats what I did and it didn't take long at long. You'll get 1/3 to 1/2 a level on each run if you kill everything you meet on the way. You'll probably find something of usefullness as well as leveling up too. If your having trouble already, you'll get spanked silly in the pits.

In my case, I hit Hell at lvl 75 and Im currently about 1/2 way through Act 2 at level 79. So far, I haven't died once on hell lvl.

If your really short on gear, you might even consider going back and running NM Meph. I made 150 or so runs, from lvl 59-66 when I went through Nm and basically found what my Sorc and Merc are using from those runs. Those items include:
Rockstopper
Skin Of Viper
A rare belt with big life and resists
Rare Orb with +2skills/+1 Met/+1FM/20%FCR/+mana

And for my Merc
Tals mask
Shaftstop

Also, look for a 5 socket weapon for your Merc. I've found several in Act 1 Hell so they're not to hard to get. The runes for Honor are easy to find also and that will probably beef up your Merc quite a bit.

Good Luck.

I see you just posted your stats and the obvious, you cant handle the pits.
Looking at your gear I highly suggest you hit Meph 50 times or so. You need better stuff more than you need levels. Playing the way we do the first character has to move slow or you'll never get to the point you can really MF when it counts(Meph/Baal/etc)

Bobbynator

Diabloii.Net Member
What part of my equipment should be improved (except the jewelry of course) and what cheap eq should I look for (I don't see why I'd need more mana and fcr, I think that part's pretty good as it is).

Psywire

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a cLvl93-94 Meteorb. They do rly well on Hell Meph & fairly well on Hell Pindle, but when it comes to P8 Baal she has no chance...

I think i've done 3 Hell Baal runs all up with my Meteorb...
They are fun to play, but you'll just have to stick to Meph/Pindle running.. Blizzballers are way more powerful.

If you can just squeeze your way into Hell Meph, you'll be set!

From memory, mine uses Eth Occy, Perfect Upped Lidless [um], Tal Rashas Armor + Ammy + Belt, Harlequin Crest, 50% War Travs, 40% Upped Chance Guards.

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
why not change the rings? I didnt think faster cast helped with a meteor/Orb sorc. Also i think doing some nm meph runs would help like the others mentioned.

zarirazz

Diabloii.Net Member
den when ur strong enuff run hell andy for even more better stuff=)
hu knows an soj may drop,maybe even two;)

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
In my opinion, your merc is key when playing a meteorb because he needs to hold the monsters attention while you wait for the meteors to fall.

If you can, load him up on % Damage Reduction stuff so that he can tank for longer, and more Life Leech as well. Tal's Mask + Shaftstop is a nice combo. If you don't have the items then I'd try to improvise. 4os armor filled with Sol runes will help prolong his ability to tank physical attacks and then get some resists from the helm. More damage = more Life Leech, so maybe consider switching him to a Might merc for a while? Feed him potions when he needs them and if that isn't working teleport away to regroup and try to split the monsters up.

If you can afford it, consider Treachery armor for him too. It has great IAS, and Fade will be on almost 100% of the time offering Resist and Damage Reduction all in one, leaving your helmet open for Leech.

When you come upon a pack of monsters teleport (farily close) in front of them so your merc notices them, and they notice your merc, then run back 10 steps or so from the pack so your merc engages the monsters and everyone ignores you. Once this is setup, start dropping meteors on your mercs position, obviously the longer your merc can live for, or the longer before you have to pull him out (with a teleporting retreat) the more meteors you have time to drop.

This is the tactic I use with all my sorceress. Position my merc so he takes all the heat, and then stand back and slaughter everything without getting hit. It's not perfect all the time but once you're good at it you can adapt it to almost all situations.

Don't forget, if him (or you) get amped, go to town and have it removed whenever you can. It cuts his tanking time in half.

my 2 cents

-hps

Edit: I tried to upload a video demonstrating these tactics to youtube, or googlevideo but it was proving to take more time away from my homework then I'm prepared to give at the moment.

scwormy

Diabloii.Net Member
My meterob relies more on the fb than meteor due to the time delay...I pretty much only use M for bosses.

I agree with what the others have said, level up ruuning Meph/Baal. Get better rings. Attempt to get some better resists (charms for fire & lightning) and you should be all set.

IMO - Meterorb is better untwinked. Blizzballer better for rich twinked players.