Meteorb Guide (2nd ed)

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
MagicMastered said:
I have just found a Whistan's Guard.

Though its block chance is very neat, it doesnt seem to have any other real usefull stats.
Should I keep using this shield and make use of its high block chance, or look for something else?
Right now ive socketed it with a PDiamond cause I really need resistances at the moment.
If you aint got anythign else yet, Whistans is perfect! Upgraded Visceratuant is something you would like to consider :) which has then 72% CTB and 77 str req.

Storm is nice too, depends on if you really wnat to invest so much Str into your char.

MagicMastered

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, funny thing is I *had* a Visceratuant, however I lost about 95% of all my uniques in a bad mule (realm down) and that was part of it.

yay for me

*Edit*
Oh i almost forgot, I just found a Gerke's Sanctuary which seems nice, though the str req. is kinda high

UndeadBehlial

Diabloii.Net Member
wow. this is probably one of the best guides i've seen. it covers such a diversity of equipment, even for the merc. cant wait to make something like this. thanke a lot!

ksh938

Diabloii.Net Member
Sasja, great guide, I have been playing D2 since it came out and have read many many guides for all character types. Yours is, by far, the most comprehensive and thorough. Great job.

I was just curious, what is your current level and base skill stats?

I haven't played Sorcs since 1.09 and I just started one. I'm level 75, maxed FO, 5 in CM, maxed Meteor and maxed FM. But I have 60 str, 60 dex, 175 vit and 40 energy (these are all base stats and don't include, for example, my Ward Shield which gives +10 str or my magical circlet that I found that gives +15 energy and +110 mana).

For that matter, what is your current level and base skill stats Melianor?

Thanks again!

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
ksh938 said:
Sasja, great guide, I have been playing D2 since it came out and have read many many guides for all character types. Yours is, by far, the most comprehensive and thorough. Great job.

I was just curious, what is your current level and base skill stats?

I haven't played Sorcs since 1.09 and I just started one. I'm level 75, maxed FO, 5 in CM, maxed Meteor and maxed FM. But I have 60 str, 60 dex, 175 vit and 40 energy (these are all base stats and don't include, for example, my Ward Shield which gives +10 str or my magical circlet that I found that gives +15 energy and +110 mana).

For that matter, what is your current level and base skill stats Melianor?

Thanks again!
Lvl91 Meteorb:
Strength: 97
Dexterity: 171
Vitality: 242
Energy: 35

Skills:
3 Firebolt
20 Fireball
20 Meteor
17 Fire Mastery

20 Frozen Orb
10 Cold Mastery

This are all base stats, without any equipment. As you can i invested 0 into Energy, enough str for items (used skullders a while, and tal's needs some good str too), dexterity for max block with upgraded Visceratuant. All else into vitality.

MagicMastered

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, right now I can use one of these shields:

Visceratuant
Gerke's Sanct.
Moser's blessed circle.

Which would be wisest to use? (lvl 75, str high enough for all shields)
Lets just say that i can add a socket to all of these (excl. mosers) and add a PDiamon/eld.

MartectX

Diabloii.Net Member
MagicMastered said:
ok, right now I can use one of these shields:

Visceratuant
Gerke's Sanct.
Moser's blessed circle.

Which would be wisest to use? (lvl 75, str high enough for all shields)
Lets just say that i can add a socket to all of these (excl. mosers) and add a PDiamon/eld.
Depends if you want to strengthen your spells, need resistances, want to block, etc. For block and reisitances definitely take Gerke's as it offers great block % and resistances (+ possible socketable reistances!!!). Take into your account that you need a good amount of DEX if you block, so with say 150 DEX your choice for a block shield is quite limited.

MagicMastered

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks.

I have 75% blocking chance with the gerke's right now, so it seems to be a good pick, however it does slow me down a tad being a tower shield and all -_-

Enjoy![/color][/QUOTE]
Heh, you suck because this build requires no skill at all and is a cookie-cutter build again and youre pathetic!

Gaza0469

Diabloii.Net Member
*Bump*

Nice detailed guide!!

I believe this one deserves a sticky!! :: 2 thumbs up :: its good to see people taking heaps of effort - I can see this guide would of taken a good 6-10 hours to write and probably then some.

The only thing I think you are lacking - would be a PvP section customized for your build since I believe it would do fairly well in that department.

This build would be quite versatile at Magic find as well, so perhaps a paragraph on that.

I especially liked the equipment guide - since most builds just have the standard top of the line gear, I like how your one goes into lots of options so that everyone can build one :)

Gaza0469

Diabloii.Net Member
Guys sorry about the double post - My edit button has gone walkabouts!

sasja said:
Hi all :)

I've stopped playing Diablo as I found I spent way too much time on it - not just playing, but thinking up new builds, reading these fora etc. For a period I thought about Diablo when I went to sleep and when I woke up, and I was just hurrying through everything else to get back to it. That's just not healthy - I'm better off thinking about and doing more important things than that. I know some people become really addicted and hurt their family, spouses and friends, and I'm happy to say that didn't happen to me. However, after reading some of the horror stories of people losing everything over a game, I recognised the warning signs and realised I was on a slippery slope to a place I didn't want to end up. I'm happier without Diablo for a while. So I hope you'll bear with the fact that I'm not around to answer questions any more. However, to you people who don't get that engrossed, best of luck, and enjoy the Meteorb - I know I did :)
I know what you mean!!

Tip of the day :: Never ever buy World of Warcraft!! Unless you dont mind having a super addiction!

D2X did the same thing to me :)

Make sure you stop in from time to time Sasja, just to say Hi ! Best of luck for the future as well :)

eudas

Diabloii.Net Member
sasja said:
Total: 100, finished at level 90.
I'd just like to point out that you miscalculated the skill point requirement by 1.

ice bolt 1
frost nova 1
ice blast 1
glacial spike 1
blizzard 1
frozen orb 20
cold mastery 8
static field 1
telekenesis 1
teleport 1
warmth 1
fire bolt 1
inferno 1
blaze 1
fireball 20
fire wall 1
meteor 20
fire mastery 20

total 101
finished by level 90.

eudas

Speedster

Diabloii.Net Member
sasja said:
... I've stopped playing Diablo as I found I spent way too much time on it - not just playing, but thinking up new builds, reading these fora etc. For a period I thought about Diablo when I went to sleep and when I woke up, and I was just hurrying through everything else to get back to it. That's just not healthy - I'm better off thinking about and doing more important things than that. I know some people become really addicted and hurt their family, spouses and friends, and I'm happy to say that didn't happen to me. However, after reading some of the horror stories of people losing everything over a game, I recognised the warning signs and realised I was on a slippery slope to a place I didn't want to end up. I'm happier without Diablo for a while. So I hope you'll bear with the fact that I'm not around to answer questions any more. However, to you people who don't get that engrossed, best of luck, and enjoy the Meteorb - I know I did :)
First the Pope dies, then Sasja quits. Man, what a year. :(

At least I'm not so obsessed that I can't get away from the game long enough to hang out on diabloii.net. (Hmmm, scratch that... :rolleyes: )

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm following this guide now myself - it's 100% valid for D2 resurrected, though due to the possibility of respeccing, no need to be so strict about the skill point placement