Meteorb Guide (2nd ed)

Camaro

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
The -xx%res on the Orb with 2 added facets compensates for +3 skills you get from elsewhere when not wearing Tal's. Add skillers like you do and its all equal. Do themath and see it for yourself.
Just calling it crap and boasting about your lvl99 built don't look like facts to me ;)
Me neither,

Great guide.

The only thing i really missed was complete tals set in the equip setup. There was a great topic about the compairison between full tals / shako occy skully and parts of the set. Cant seem to dig it up atm :scratch:

since the -res helps alot and the resist, skills and mf are great aswell

:thumbsup: for you

Regards

Cammy

sorcyone

Banned
melianor said:
The -xx%res on the Orb with 2 added facets compensates for +3 skills you get from elsewhere when not wearing Tal's. Add skillers like you do and its all equal. Do themath and see it for yourself.
Just calling it crap and boasting about your lvl99 built don't look like facts to me ;)
The -res compensates even more than +3 skills at high skill levels.
Also do not forget the +2 to mastery. I value these 2 orb properties as +4 skills.

rogier

Diabloii.Net Member
a suggestion if you like to kill baal solo: take an act 5 merc!

somehow baal attacks cute sorcies in purple armors more often if there is a jab merc around. act5 merc keeps his attention focused so you can a) orb baal b)drop meteors on his head while spamming fireballs c)feed merc or d)all of these, without you boing under serious fire(the manaburn/wedge thing is what I call heavy fire). eth gaze, eth shaft+doombringer will do fine as merc setup, you gota babysit him through minions of destruction tho.

tnx sasha for the guide! atm kicking *** with 75%resall, 75%block, 50%dr 787 life/9xx mana without bo, while keeping +10 all skills(note: being an mf freak ends up with an inventory full of mfscs, I know it isnt effectife but la la la I can't hear you :D)

on the road to 93 in the meanwhile! done 87-92.5 by pure soloing

BIGBEN

Diabloii.Net Member
@THUNDERESS-XIII

I also read the full Tal's vs other equip, and I understood that full Tal's is only a short step from the best. But, of course, with 6 skillers, and lvl 99 does mean something :)

Joey2619

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok well id like to make the Meteorb sorc in HC for MF runs, anything I should use/do to reduce her chance of dying ?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Joey2619 said:
Ok well id like to make the Meteorb sorc in HC for MF runs, anything I should use/do to reduce her chance of dying ?
Max-block, all else into Vitality. str minimum req. Also try to find charms with +life! no matter if gc,lc or sc. Whatever you can get your hands at in HC.
If possible look for damage reduction gear, like Shako, Stormshield....

FCR at least 63%, be sure to be good at teleporting 8)

Cherokee

Diabloii.Net Member
Blocking formula wrong???

Regarding blocking...

sasja said:

Meteorb Guide (1.10)

...how likely you are to block an incoming attack entirely, after this formula:

Total blocking = 2 * (shield block %) * (dex - 15) / (level * 2)

The math just doesn't work out here between the posted formula and the values in the table. For example, using LidlessEye, and level 30, according to the formula, it should take only 72 dexterity to achieve 75% block.

0.76 = 2 * (40%) * (72 - 15) / (30 * 2)

But the table shows 128 dex needed. If you get rid of the initial ' 2 * ', then the values in the table work out properly.

0.7533 = (40%) * (128 - 15) / (30 * 2)

So, the question I am left with is, which is correct? The formula, or the table?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Cherokee said:
Regarding blocking...

The math just doesn't work out here between the posted formula and the values in the table. For example, using LidlessEye, and level 30, according to the formula, it should take only 72 dexterity to achieve 75% block.

0.76 = 2 * (40%) * (72 - 15) / (30 * 2)

But the table shows 128 dex needed. If you get rid of the initial ' 2 * ', then the values in the table work out properly.

0.7533 = (40%) * (128 - 15) / (30 * 2)

So, the question I am left with is, which is correct? The formula, or the table?

The value in the table is correct and you indeed found the correct blocking formula. Sasja must ahve messed up the formula somehow when she did the guide. All else in the guide still fits though :) :thumbsup:

Shockin

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a Question about the Energy it. Do we have to leave it at base or try to max it to 75? example my mf gear give me 45 mana which is low but my norm equip give me 75 which is what is wanted but i sorta think that we need more cause we don't even put alot of points into warmth.

Please respond back soon.

Shockin

MartectX

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, I too have a question: There is the possibility of having Stormshield "carry itself" through its strength bonus. But if I die, I can't pick it up easily (STR enhancing item, e.g. amulet +30 STR, first, then Stormy, then more effective amulet) AND I'm "naked" for other players. :scratch:

Question is: If I take into account the STR bonus from the Harlekin's Crown, will I be able to take all my equip back in one click if I died? Example: I have 154 STR, 156 with Harle. I die -> 154 STR. I click on my body, two things may happen: I equip everything, or Stormy slips into my inventory or worse to the ground. :cheesy:

Anyone knows the answer? It's even more severe if I take the STR bonus from, say, Chains of Honor into account.

Cheers! Great guide! :worship:

zworox

Diabloii.Net Member
When can add Vit to my sorc? She's ment to wear Tal's full set for MF. I'm at lvl 24 but all i have put in stats is 4 points in str.
I could use a LITTLE more life... Damn lightning :grrr:

When do u add statpoints!?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
zworox said:
When can add Vit to my sorc? She's ment to wear Tal's full set for MF. I'm at lvl 24 but all i have put in stats is 4 points in str.
I could use a LITTLE more life... Damn lightning :grrr:

When do u add statpoints!?
Keep some points to distribute and not all. If you are not going for max-block just put all other points in Vitality and have enough in str to wear your items.

Tal's Armor will need 71 str total. If you use items to boost your str to wear Tal's armor others will not see the armor on you, but its all still nicely working. sadly some kind of bug. So either 71 hard pts into str or enough for 71 with str from items!

If you go max-block look for str req of shield. Viscertuant upgraded has 77str rew for example. More than 80 should not be needed though!

So go put points in life now! :)

zworox

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
Keep some points to distribute and not all. If you are not going for max-block just put all other points in Vitality and have enough in str to wear your items.

Tal's Armor will need 71 str total. If you use items to boost your str to wear Tal's armor others will not see the armor on you, but its all still nicely working. sadly some kind of bug. So either 71 hard pts into str or enough for 71 with str from items!

If you go max-block look for str req of shield. Viscertuant upgraded has 77str rew for example. More than 80 should not be needed though!

So go put points in life now! :)
Thx, i'll put some in Vita next time i'll enter b.net!

I'll go for max block without a doubt. I think i'll be around 330% MF with my gear at lvl 71, until then just hard work :scratch:

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
zworox said:
Thx, i'll put some in Vita next time i'll enter b.net!

I'll go for max block without a doubt. I think i'll be around 330% MF with my gear at lvl 71, until then just hard work :scratch:
with maxblock take into account the amount of dex that you will need aswell :)
Otherwise yes, hard work :teeth:

pitzuchim

Diabloii.Net Member
I am working on a meteorber, following your guide, and I must say I really love it. It's really easy to do mephy and andy hell runs, and the versatility of orb + meteorb + fireball lets me do pit runs, baal runs, and whatever else I want to do easily. I'm currently using a ptopaz shako, occy, ptopaz tal armor, tal ammy, isted SS, tals belt, soj, nagel, magefists, and war travs. Along with my anni and a gheeds (when i get one), this will yield around 12k meteor, 5+k fireball, a healthy orb, and over 450% MF. Add to that over 700 life and 45% PDR, and you've got one hell of a sorc! Thanks for the guide!

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey I love your guide alot. One of the only sorcs that can actually kill something naked. Seriously, when i die and go to get my body I can still clear it. Well done.

The only problem I have is aiming those meteors. They always seem to land too late. Does FCR affect it. I have most good items i.e. shako, frosties, occy, string of ears and ss (ss i need enigma to equip because of strength req) What am I doing wrong? Help me out plz.

zworox

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
with maxblock take into account the amount of dex that you will need aswell :)
Otherwise yes, hard work :teeth:
My merc got 5 lvl's this morning! He's now lvl 25 and he kill pretty easy in act 2 (arcane/tombs) so im happy. It's quite nice to see him running around and doing all the killing... :)

riplix

Diabloii.Net Member
Sessily said:
Okay, I'm playing virtually untweaked, so would these items work for this build?

Helm - +1 Prismatic Sorceress Circlet
Amor - Skins of the Vipermagi
Boots - Threads of Cthon
Gloves - Frostburn
Belt - Tal Rasah's Fine Spun Cloth
Amulet - Tal Rasah's Adjucation
Weapon - +1 Skills, +3 Frozen Orb
Shield - viscernaut with PDiamond
Ring - +91 Mana, +10% Faster Cast
Ring - Dwarf Star/Raven Frost
both popular builds that can solo hell untwinked (meteorb and blizz/fw) are not at all item dependent. you can solo EVERY situation in the game. although it might take some more time than with godly gear.
your gear is all right for solo hell.

Harby

Diabloii.Net Member
pitzuchim said:
I am working on a meteorber, following your guide, and I must say I really love it. It's really easy to do mephy and andy hell runs, and the versatility of orb + meteorb + fireball lets me do pit runs, baal runs, and whatever else I want to do easily. I'm currently using a ptopaz shako, occy, ptopaz tal armor, tal ammy, isted SS, tals belt, soj, nagel, magefists, and war travs. Along with my anni and a gheeds (when i get one), this will yield around 12k meteor, 5+k fireball, a healthy orb, and over 450% MF. Add to that over 700 life and 45% PDR, and you've got one hell of a sorc! Thanks for the guide!
You will be surprised to see that 12k meteor and 5k fireball is not much. With your items you should do more. My old meteorb with godly equip (shako/hoto/CoH/maras etc) and 8 fireskillers managed 25k meteor and 14k fireball.