Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteor during baal runs???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Decebal, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Meteor during baal runs???

Hi!

i did some baal runs this weekend with my new barb and during baalruns i encountered people who play with meteor sorceresses. Now in almost every game when the sorceresses used meteor a lot of players where spamming all the time: NO METEOR NOOB!!!! :confused:

Is it true that when partied with sorceresses using meteor during a ballrun all the players get less exp (including sorc with meteor)? Or this is just a myth? Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Thx in advance!

/Dec

2. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

I'm sure it's myth.

3. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i think a myth...maybe the meteor just makes them lag which is why they dont want it ;)

4. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

You have obviously never met any of the thousands of Meteor Sorcs that insist on dumping dozens of Meteors on Lister and his pals. Or if you have you are not a melee character.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It's definitely a myth...but also the afterburner on Meteor does lag alot especially if your computer isn't very new...so be considerate:) Definitely a myth though.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

OK, I guess we had this issue once in the stats forum, once in the strategy forum and once in the community forum now. That makes it a newcomer question now, so next time I expect it to be asked in the newcomer forum :)

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

@krischan - since i dont consider myself as a newcomer i posted the question in this thread! i asked the question here cause it seemed more relevant than in the newcomer forum! It this question has been answered well then I must have missed it!

I'm thankfull though for your point and I will try to post "similar newcomer" questions in that forum! :p

/Dec

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Don't forget the Bug Reports and Suggestions Forum.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I just tried to bring in a little humour. I didn't mean to complain about people asking questions ;)

10. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Meteor / FO / Blizz / Paly Auras / Barb Bos / Skellies / Revives / Hammers / Hurricane - all EXTREMELY common things in a 8 player baal game that may lag up a Pentium 3 computer into OblIVIon... like mine... :mad:

- Dennis

11. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

Its completely false.

I tested it a few months back before I quit D2, I tested with 5 friends, for 10x baal runs which we completed normally with no meteor.

The next ten runs I used Meteor and they used whatever they wanted, there was no noticable experience difference.

I didnt have 8 ppl at the time to test an 8 player game - however I doubt the results would of been any different.

People just love starting rumors.

The big thing is like someone else said, Meteor is about the most CPU intensive skill with skellies comming a close 2nd.

Also many players struggle to see monsters with all that fire going on.

Especially in the throne room, I have seen a friend play and someone cast meteor, his computer lagged right up for a good minute, 5 seconds later everythign went really fast and he was dead, along with lister and his pack.

PPL with low spec machines just hate playing with Meteor sorcs or Skelliemancers, thats all :)

12. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

OK Gaza!

That seems like a really palusible explanation to me! Just wanted to check cause it was the first time this weekend I encountered "this" phenomenon.

Lagging due to graphics intesive flames (burning fireball on the ground) is as stated by you a good explanation!

Thx for your time to respond and explain!

/Dec

13. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I guess it's different for everyone, but aside from Meteor and Firewall I find Revives and Ravens (of all things) to cause the most lag. Why the hell do Druids, especially the very high level ones in a party where everyone is the same level, insist on using Ravens in a Baalrun? Never had a problem with hammers or BO or auras before, occasionally lightning skills, skellies and FO slow things down though.

14. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

this kinda stuff is mostly due to someones or somenumber of peoples look on how the game should be played. thy want everone to play by their rules and what helps them get rich, lvl'd, or whatever selfiah reason thay can come up with.

when people bring this kinda stuff up, tell them "this s a public game if you dont like it leave" or "go buy a new cpu" and we always have the squelch command witch i belive i use at least once every time i play. :(

15. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

hehe no problem :)

Plus I think some ppl are just really gullable, and as soon as a rumor goes off then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and before you know it everyone believes something that some 7 year old came up with :)

I rememeber one rumor about 3 months back that was like If you do baal runs after 3am on US West local time then drops will be 50% better providing there are less than X players online...

Some of the stuff ppl come up with just defies logic :)

The thing is Meteor does a tonne of damage and they should just be grateful that you are there toasting the minions.

LOL, I so agree about the ravens one - why would you even bother, what do they expect their raven to do? peck lister for 2 HP of damage... thats going to be a huge help to everyone :)

Also remember that on low spec machines that when baals minions spawn this can usually create a tonne of lag without anyone even doing anything.