Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Meteor bugged???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by soulfly, Apr 10, 2005.

1. soulfly

soulfly IncGamers Member

Meteor bugged???

Is it true meteor gets you lower exp???

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

False. 999,996 bnet rumors left to squash.

3. soulfly

soulfly IncGamers Member

ok, ty very much.
    I've been called noob cause I casted meteor in Baal games.
    Didn't care though, as they were almost all botting :rolleyes:

4. Psyrus

Psyrus IncGamers Member

I have a meteorb sorc on ladder, and nobody seemed to care when I used meteor in Baal games.

There are tons of myths out there that some people swear are true but are obviously not. The newest one I've heard was barbarians in tomb games hogging all the experience. What else will they come up with next? :uhhuh:

5. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

If u log on at 4am in the morning u will get 10 SOJ's in 10 minutes.

good luck in squashing 999,996 false battlenet rumors!

the world will be a safer place once your mission is complete!

Sorc - Meteor.

It is slightly true that the sorc will get a small fraction more exp than the other ppl in the throne room since she will likely get killing blow. This exp is very very negligable and not worth worrying about.

a few months back we did many many baal runs with a sorc doing meteor and not doing meteor - and we noticed no difference in experience gained!

I read ages ago that killing blow does give u a fraction more exp - this was before 1.10 and they may have even removed that by now.

PPl with old slow dodgy computers hate meteor coz it lags them up - thats it.

Its ususally alwasy the sorc that teleports to the throne room - so if u r a sorc and u risk your life porting down then u probably deserve your extra 0.1% experience for getting killing blow!

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

hi this maybe a bit off topic...but what is a bot (botting?)?

ive heard other players use this term, is this the merchant/palyer that come in and advertise?

thanks

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Merchant/players that come in and advertise are one form of bot, yes. There are also bots that can be used to take your character and kill [insert good mfing target here] a ridiculous number of times, or run baal time after time to get levelled while the actual player is asleep.

While I would really like to see the code for a bot (I'm going into programming, it's a professional interest), bots are horrid, useless cheating peices of trash to actually use. I've removed people from my friend list because I was sick of seeing them constantly joining bot games, or seeing their bot run "Mephbot001" games all the time. It's sickening.