Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Metals weapons to make Iron Golem: How that include runewords? der

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Deathlok2001, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

Metal weapons to make Iron Golem: Does that include runewords?

If I make the runeword "Insight" on a col. vol. can I use that to make an iron golem?

Will the golem have the mediation aura?

I currently used a lacerator to make my iron golem.

If not, then I am going to use a bonehew & put a 31% ed jewel & a 1-90 lightning dam jewel in the sockets & use that as my iron golem. That is after the "Lacerator" golem dies.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Yes, you can make it out of rw's
    And yes, it will get the aura from the rw.

Feeling rich and using skelliemancer? Make a Beast-golem for some fana aura.
    Might sound crazy, but people actually do it.

3. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Better to just let your necro hold the "Beast" and make a golem from an "Insight". Use something cheap like a halberd or whatever you happen to have; the golem won't do much damage anyways, the aura is what you want.

4. Big Mog

Big Mog IncGamers Member

does the item dissapear when you summon the IG? I've never made one before.

5. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Yes, it does (too bad eh :eek: )

And eh, why such expensive items? If you meet an Oblivion Knight, and it casts ron Maiden on yuour Golem, watch it go poof.

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

There's lots of ways to loose an IG, but this only for the "rich" people anyway.

Enigma is a must: it will eliminate the random poofing if used correctly (i.e. never walk, always teleport), and you can immediately teleport away if your golem is loosing HPs. You just have to assign at least one eye to watch out for the IG at all times and it should work out.

It should be less of an issue for Insight, but personally I prefer to give it to the merc (this is on my Bonemancer; my Skelemencer doesn't need Insight) so I can use Gumby to tank for me.

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Make insight IG out of a very low damage weapon, for example a cracked voulge. That way the IM won't be an issue. (A golem having 10k+ life, and dealing 30 damage per hit doesnt need to worry about iron maiden :) ).

8. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

I thought you want a very high damage weapon, like one of the unique thunder mauls or bonehue or something like that to make an iron golem.....

9. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

If you're trying to get the golem to do lots of damage, then you would want an elite weapon, but if he's not going to do any killing and you want to make sure he doesn't die to IM (like ICE was talking about), then a low damage weapon is better.

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

There's a FAQ about golems in the necro forum started by I dunno *aherm* some new guy. :uhhuh:

Anyway, you can do some interesting stuff with IGs. If you have Summon Resists at 60% (lvl 12), it only takes a shield with one P Sapphire and Ruby to make it completely elemental immune.

Also, people have reported losing IGs between games for no reason although they are supposed to reappear every time you start a new game. I wish those people would just give me a Beast rather than waste them on IGs.

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

All golems have an annoying tendency to just disappear if you do so much as run off the screen that they are on :) I had a game as a summoner once and my IG disappeared on me 4-5 times when trying to fight through ancients way. No way i would spend a runeword on one, even if i had enigma to relocate him.

12. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

could he have been killed offscreen or when you weren't watching him?

13. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I quit playing my Necro after losing my IG many many times when quitting a game. Final straw was losing my eth bonehew IG...

And no - it didn't die offscreen, didn't die of poison...just collapsed in a heap when I quit the game!