Metalgrid

SmokeyTreats

Diabloii.Net Member
Metalgrid

If you create a golem using the Metalgrid ammy then take it off swapping it for another ammy will the golem still exist?

Anyone try this?

SmokeyTreats

Diabloii.Net Member
Sweet. I think I'm going to try out making some iron golems out of items that have mf to assist on my pit runs.
Plus it's nice to always have an extra blocker for any caster.

Thanx Usu.

toader

Banned
Usufruct said:
Yes it will still exist. :)

Err...No it will not still exist. I tried this myself.

edit: let me explain what I found. If you summon the golem with a Metalgrid, it will stay with you until it dies (as long as you have the ammy on), it will travel from game to game with you.

But once you remove the ammy, the golem deflates.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmmm... I was only told that it stayed from an online friend. He was dueling me with his hammerdin (and he had a golem) but claimed he was wearing maras, said he switched from metalgrid.

My bad :(

might

Diabloii.Net Member
No, it doesn't stay once you switch amulets. It's the same for any item with summon charges.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
might said:
No, it doesn't stay once you switch amulets. It's the same for any item with summon charges.
Redundancy is very redundant.

However it does work with Enchant. You can enchant yourself and it stays.

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:

Yep, my bear druid loves the lvl 23 enchant that demon limb gives him :).

davew2040

Diabloii.Net Member
Just out of curiosity, anybody considered the possibility of making an Iron Golem out of some really nice item for a purpose other than pissing someone off? It seems like they can really get a ton of life in 1.10, to the point where they'd never die...

Lileofavelion

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not sure if anyone is aware of this trick.

Equip Blood Moon, Metal Grid and Stone and summon a Clay Golem (via Stone). It will have the fully synergized benefits from those other two pieces of equipment and you can remove Blood Moon and Metal Grid afterwards.

might

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:

Yeah, I mentioned 'summon' charges. Sorry for being redundant, I guess.

SmokeyTreats

Diabloii.Net Member
Lileofavelion said:
I am not sure if anyone is aware of this trick.

Equip Blood Moon, Metal Grid and Stone and summon a Clay Golem (via Stone). It will have the fully synergized benefits from those other two pieces of equipment and you can remove Blood Moon and Metal Grid afterwards.
Hey, that's a pretty slick trick. :thumbsup:
You could probably use that trick in any golem combo, no?