metal/rock/goth/hardcore bands with female vocals

Zargo1z

Diabloii.Net Member
metal/rock/goth/hardcore bands with female vocals

Hey guys I just wanted to ask you guys sense alot of you seem to be into the more harder stuff (I am as well) Can anyone think of some cool bands that have female singers? I was just curious on this subject, right now the ones I like are Drain s.t.h , Lacuna coil, and Otep. you guys list a few more if you know em. I'm trying to find a certian song that I know is A hardcore and is B. a female singer. so that kinda gives me a huge list to go through but hey maybe you guys will list some stuff and ring some bells lol.

thanks,
Zargo

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Distillers. Lead singer rocks. In a scary kinda way. But anyone who's been here for more than 2 months would already know that, and would remember my rather strange tastes... ;)

Mister 4

Diabloii.Net Member
So far as "gothic" metal bands go: Nightwish, and Within Temptation fit with the female singer thing.

If you want something thats more power metally, then get some Dark Moor. They rule. Although, their female vocalist left them recently.

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
Nod to the Distillers. I got into them after being bludgeoned to death with "Seneca Falls" while playing Tony Hawk 4 =)

They sound like a sorta heavier Hole- I thought it was Courtney Love at first.

Epsilon Delta

Diabloii.Net Member
Indemaijinj said:
One word: Kitty! To educate all those ignorant masses that thinks girls can't growl.
Indeed, Kitty pwns all of you, but you have to give respect towards Hole.
(I think the Yeah Yeah Yeah's are cool in their own kind of freaky special way, plus the main singer is a total klutz)

.......bjork rules.

Epsilon Delta

Diabloii.Net Member
Epsilon Delta said:
Indeed, Kitty pwns all of you, but you have to give respect towards Hole.
(I think the Yeah Yeah Yeah's are cool in their own kind of freaky special way, plus the main singer is a total klutz)

.......bjork rules.
Also, it just occured to me that none of you have mentioned the best female gothic band in the world (which sickens me)

.........JACK OFF JILL

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
BTW, now that people mentioned gothic, there are no reason to neglect one of the pioneers:

Siouxie and the Banshees

Right now Siouxie Sioux and Budgie are recording under the name "The Creatures". So check out that stuff too.

Pandabear

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Otep. They are very good and deserve a listen if you are interested in that type of music.

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightwish is pretty good.

Stratovarius will also have a female vocalist on the next album, but I have a feeling it is going to suck, and will probably be what spells "R.I.P. Stratovarius."

There have been many Ayreon songs with female vocalists, too.

Pandabear

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before, has anyone heard of the band Arch Enemy? They previously had a male singer for the band, and now on their new album it is a female. It is still good music, and I personally like both singers. Check them out too.

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Gothic music... oh boy. I'm going to use all my willpower to refrain from saying something bad....

Goths suck!