Metal bands?

okok

Diabloii.Net Member
Metal bands?

I'm really sick of music,and I've been getting into metal lately,are there any bands you would all recommend? I like softer/emoish metal,if that helps with what you recommend :laugh:

Holysinner

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Metal bands?

Metallica's Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All are still worth listening to (yeah I like their first too, though it's pretty juvenile compared to the next 3, and I haven't listened to it in years). Nothing since, though.

If you expand the definition of metal, you can't go wrong with Tool. Given that you like "softer/emoish metal" it sounds like you're already expanding the definition.

I like Sparta too, though their first 2 albums are better than the most recent. Chevelle is even more of a stretch, but probably fits your preference better, and they have some good songs; a lot of their less notable songs sound pretty much the same, though.

I don't listen to any bands anymore that hardcore metal fans would probably consider real metal, so that's the best I can come up with.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

Emoish metal? You mean like Avenged Sevenfold?

Metallica's Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All are still worth listening to (yeah I like their first too, though it's pretty juvenile compared to the next 3, and I haven't listened to it in years). Nothing since, though.
I don't like Ride the Lightning or Justice for All that much.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

It seems it's nostalgia time.

We share the same taste regarding Metallica, although I like Kill'em All a lot. Yes, it's a bit more juvenile, but I was a juvenile as well at those times :azn:. Master of Puppets is the best one and since the 4th or 5th album they are on the decline.

To add something new: What about Souls at Zero from Neurosis ? It's no soft Elven/Unicorn metal, however :tongue:

rykuss

Banned

Had to pop my head in here again, I could swear I heard Damage Inc coming from in here. :grin:

okok

Diabloii.Net Member

I LOVE Metallica. My 2 favorite bands right now are Metallica and Breaking Benjamin,I'm looking for something that sounds like those kinda.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry, but Metallica isn't fit to sniff Megadeth's jock.

Also, strongly reccomend Overkill and Slough Feg.

Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare is great.

Tymbark

Diabloii.Net Member

But the fact remains, the Metallica song I like best is cover...and the original is still better...
Breadfan - Budgie or We did it again - Ja rule? :girly:

Ok, that was cheap. Back on topic: try QOTSA, preferably "Songs for the deaf".
Stoner rock wtf!1!1!1!