Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Metagrid Ammy?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Testtubes, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Testtubes

Testtubes IncGamers Member

Metagrid Ammy?

I have a Metalgrid Ammy on USWEST hardcore ladder and was wondering if this would be a good way to get a cheap lvl 22 iron golem? Would points in golem mastery boost his life and AR then too? I was thinking of making a necro that "abuses" charged items: venom runeword dagger (direct damage skill), marrowalks, and metalgrid. Build would be like this: Max PD, Max RSW, max SM, and max GM, rest in mages and curses. Would also get max block, and put a point in BA and AMP. I want to also get trangs gloves of course, or maybe 3 pieces of trangs. What do you think? Viable? Thnx alot for your opinions.

Scott
    :scratch:

2. DeadFukker

DeadFukker Banned

From what I understand, that Mastery should help with the IG on the ammy(but that's just what I was told)

DF

3. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

I am using a metal grid ammy on my MF sorc. I thought it would be useful for another meatblock, but he can only really survive in act1 hell. He gets crushed in 1 hit by meph and andy. If you want him to have any chance of surviving, you must make him out a very good item, a white monarch does the trick for me, but one only drops in like 20 games, so that wont exactly work well.

Maybe with some points in GM he will survive longer, i guess you will find out :)

4. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

i think the bug works a bit differently

i think the idea is to use the bug in a synergy but not the actual skill that you want to use.

if you summon the iron golem it will be cast from the amu as normal...

marrow walks work because they are a synergy... however the bone shield that you cast with them arent beefed up more than level 31 right (or whatever it might be) ?

get my point ?
    thnx
    stef

5. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Charges are supposed to receive synergy bonuses, the debate revolves around whether or not they are supposed to give synergy bonuses.

So casting an IG from metalgrid should take into account your g.mastery and the hard points in the other golems to determine the IG's actual stats. However, if it works like marrow your clay golem would get the synergy bonus from having a level 22 ig, when metalgrid is equiped... assuming of course you have no natural points in IG.

6. Testtubes

Testtubes IncGamers Member

I was thinking about using the charges on the ammy to make a lvl 22 IG without putting more than 1 point in it. You could use the charges to make your golem, and not use the skill point for IG (to get to revive). You wouldn't get the defense bonus from the synergy,( for the other golems) but would get a max IG wihtout the additional 19 skill points. Thats' my thinking anyways... I'll find out soon. Anybody ever try a daggermancer in hell with summons? Can PD kill bosses OK? Using a venom dagger sounds good an all, but the PD wouldn't be as damaging as possible. Thnx again.

Scott
    :thumbsup:

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I have a metalgrid on east, i've already tested it,

and yes, Metalgrid Iron Golem recieves bonuses from summon resistance and Golem Mastery, however it will not stay with you from game to game unless you have a point into the actual skill.

And I am unsure if when it stays with you from game to game the game is looking at the lvl 22 IG that he was summoned as, or whatever lvl IG you have in skill points

Logic would deduct that the game is looking at your natural lvl of IG, b/c why would he not stay from game to game w/o an actual point into the skill if it was otherwise?

That makes creating this golem out of an "uber" item unviable, as he'll have to be recast every game with a point into the skill for him to retain being lvl 22. Of course he'll have to be recast if you don't have a point into the skill, but that goes without saying ;)