Met/orb build : Maxing the fire tree

HeX-CuRsE

Diabloii.Net Member
Met/orb build : Maxing the fire tree

Well Im lvl 50 now...doing very well in NM with maxed orb and 8 into CM and now Im starting to build up on my fire tree. Met/orb by the way if u couldnt tell and Ive heard to max met then fball then FM but I really dont intend to be using fball at all......so I was thinking wouldnt it be better to max meteor THEN FM and lastly fball? :thumbsup: Any help is appreciated

HeX-CuRsE

Diabloii.Net Member
Um....well Ive checked on a skill planner and yea.....FM boosts meteor more than fball and since I have no intention of using fball I think Im going to be maxing meteor then FM then fball. It seems like it would work just fine the reason Im asking tho is becase I think I might fall 2 points short to max fball at the lvl I intend to stop at (for mfing purposes) and well I was wondering if there is any reason I would NEED to max fball before FM. Any help is appreciated

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
HeX-CuRsE said:
Um.....Can I get some insite on this guys? Any help plz? Not gettin any answers :rant:
You will want to use fireball in hell unless you are always partying (thus have a wall of tanks). I only use meteor on targets that don't die to <10 fireballs because my merc could be in danger if I have to wait for meteor to fall (and no fireball to stun them occasionally)

HeX-CuRsE

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
You will want to use fireball in hell unless you are always partying (thus have a wall of tanks). I only use meteor on targets that don't die to <10 fireballs because my merc could be in danger if I have to wait for meteor to fall (and no fireball to stun them occasionally)

Not really...I'll be using orb. I think I can live without fball til met and FM are maxed. and Since Ill be using met more than fball (if I use fball at all) I think maxing FM before fball will be better. Am I wrong?

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
HeX-CuRsE said:
Not really...I'll be using orb. I think I can live without fball til met and FM are maxed. and Since Ill be using met more than fball (if I use fball at all) I think maxing FM before fball will be better. Am I wrong?
Base on my experience orb owns NM but it's weak in hell. It can only do 2 to 3 players solo at the most with my +7 skills setup. But if you insist on using only meteor but not fireball then yes FM gives a better dmg

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
Check it point for point on the skill calculator to get the highest damage for your Meteor - press "Find Optimum", and it will tell you where to put your points for maximum damage. Putting some points in Fire Ball is better for Meteor than simply maxing FM - for instance, 20 points will be optimally spent with 8 points in Fire Ball and 12 in FM. Note that this only takes impact damage into account, so you may want your FM slightly higher.

If you worry about not getting all the way to level 90, my advise would be to take the points from FM, as Fire Balls in between your Meteors are going to make your kills much faster.

HeX-CuRsE

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm......well i see the point in this so how about putting FM at 15 and fball at 5? then I can divide the rest of the points as I want.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
HeX-CuRsE said:
Hmmm......well i see the point in this so how about putting FM at 15 and fball at 5? then I can divide the rest of the points as I want.
Hmm, lvl89 now and i maxed both FM and Fireball, FM first though. Worked out nicely. Had no problems with not enough damage or anything like it. Optimizing your Meteor-damage for each tiem you lvlup might be good, but i dont think its necessary.
If you dont max Fireball in the end though, i think you will lack damage in Meteor.....

The beauty of sasjas build is infact that you have 1 none-timered spell, 2 timered spells at your disposal and each of those spells are very powerful already on their own, yes also the Fireball!!

When i do pitruns in hell i usually only use Fireball and Frozenorb for the mere killing speed and just plant meteors inbetween when i encounter bosspacks.