mermans sprocket

KruxDeValor

Diabloii.Net Member
mermans sprocket

i need help i keep hearing about this item, yet on the arreat summit i cant find it, and since they have no search function ( none that im aware of). from what i know so far they are magic absorb boots, idk. thank you.

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
They don't exist. They did at some point but they're not in the final patch ;)

Well actually they do exist, they're just not enabled.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
+410-420 Defense
+310 Defense Vs. Missile
+65% Faster Run/Walk
Replenish Life +5
Regenerate Mana 8%
+60-75 Magic Absorb
+55 Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0.75-74.24 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) Poison Resist +0.75-74.24% (Based On Character Level)

There'd be almost no reason not too use these boots

I can't belive they existed at one point (i know they did but still)

KruxDeValor

Diabloii.Net Member
so is it a safe assumption to say they are on the realms. but that after say like the 3rd days it was disabled so, only a few of them are out there?

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
they were disabled from the time the patch hit the realms
they were in the beta, possibly.

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
+410-420 Defense
+310 Defense Vs. Missile
+65% Faster Run/Walk
Replenish Life +5
Regenerate Mana 8%
+60-75 Magic Absorb
+55 Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) +0.75-74.24 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
+ (0.75 Per Character Level) Poison Resist +0.75-74.24% (Based On Character Level)

There'd be almost no reason not too use these boots

I can't belive they existed at one point (i know they did but still)
are you being serious?? I mean, I could laugh along with you if you're joking, but I for some reason don't think you are...

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Halbreed7250 said:
are you being serious?? I mean, I could laugh along with you if you're joking, but I for some reason don't think you are...
Ya what I said was wrong. What I ment was that unless your boots were filling a specific role, then these boots would be an obvious choice IMO

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
Ya what I said was wrong. What I ment was that unless your boots were filling a specific role, then these boots would be an obvious choice IMO

ok good :) because if these boots existed I would cream my jeans, and then wipe it all over every ww baba out there with my XXXXXk+ defense.

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
KruxDeValor said:
so is it a safe assumption to say they are on the realms. but that after say like the 3rd days it was disabled so, only a few of them are out there?
they were never on the realms nor at all in the 1.10 final patch nor in either of the 1.10 betas

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
oh, they were in the leaked info that battle.net had up for seconds before the beta patch then.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
heres how it is.

Mermans sprocket along with at least one unique armour and a unique axe were in the code for 1.10. When bnet accidentally posted the updated 1.10 version of their page before the beta even came out they of course appeared on it. Sometime between then and the beta bliz decided to disable them. i would be very easy for someone to mod them into the game since (like the constricting ring) all you would have to do is essentially turn them "on"

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Killfrenzy said:
heres how it is.

Mermans sprocket along with at least one unique armour and a unique axe were in the code for 1.10. When bnet accidentally posted the updated 1.10 version of their page before the beta even came out they of course appeared on it. Sometime between then and the beta bliz decided to disable them. i would be very easy for someone to mod them into the game since (like the constricting ring) all you would have to do is essentially turn them "on"
If people hacked the constriction rings onto the realms, then these boots should be no difficult task for them.

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
Actually there are quite a few uniques programmed into the game that aren't enabled on realms.
Yea, crown of ages used to be +2 skill, 5 all stats & 15% damage reduction with 2 sockets i believe. For example ;). An example of what was disabled in .09 that is. They changed it a bit for 1.10 which is good since that version was way overpowered :)

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
Actually there are quite a few uniques programmed into the game that aren't enabled on realms.
1.10 final, the following items have sufficient stats to spawn (base item code being the most important) but are disabled:

Azurewrath (crystal sword)
Constricting Ring (ring)
Darkfear (armet) - although the item has no modifier so would just be a gold armet with nothing on it; not very useful

That's two, maybe three, and is not at all how I define "quite a few".... :scratch:

Check some out with a SP editor.
Warriv's Warder
Nethercrow
Giant Maimer
Larzuk's Champion
Zakarum's Salvation
Odium something

AFAIK these are all unique names that aren't enabled items.

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
Check some out with a SP editor.
Warriv's Warder
Nethercrow
Giant Maimer
Larzuk's Champion
Zakarum's Salvation
Odium something

AFAIK these are all unique names that aren't enabled items.
None of those items have a base itemtype code or any mods for them, all they are is blank lines with names at the beginning. This means nothing at all; if you have the capability to hack in an arbitrary item, and put a unique code on it, whether you call it a "rixot's keen" or a "zakarum's salvation" doesnt make much difference - one will be useable at lvl 2 (maybe 3? dont remember) and the other at lvl 1...

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
So they don't have mods, still names programmed into the game.
Its an empty line with a name at the beginning of it. I don't see how that's signifigant at all.