Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mercs or no Mercs in D3 ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by GhostRidah, Jun 23, 2010.

1. GhostRidah

GhostRidah Diabloii.Net Member

Mercs or no Mercs in D3 ?

Are we gonna have the possibility to hire a merc with auras just like in Diablo 2 LOD or not informations yet about it ?

Thanks

2. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Mercs or no Mercs in D3 ?

No info, but it seems likely. In act 1 videos, we see a team of them and in an act 2 scene, we see one attacked.

It's likely we can get some, but nothing is guaranteed at this time.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

if they plan to use mercs i hope they do it better this time. they seemed like a waste of time to me in D2.

4. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Well, Act 3 and 5 mercs were. Mostly it was due to runewords like Insight, Faith, Infinity, Pride, etc that made A1 and 2 very good chars.

I'm playing an untwinked zealer and am actually surprised how I underestimated having a defensive merc ^^;

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

the only merc i ever used was an act 1 merc the others just kept getting killed lol

6. Keemossi

Keemossi Diabloii.Net Member

Got no info on this either, but I'd imagine there won't be mercs. If they're trying to make D3 any more co-operative game, mercs would be bit counterproductive idea, imo. And *if*, for example, wizards instability gives some +damage taken debuffs or such, mercs would greatly reduce their meaning. 'sides, some sidekick following witch doctor feels funny. And like, the four heroes, and their four cheerleaders with auras of happiness o_O

About mercs being weak.. in LoD they're way too good imo. I believe my fishymancer could just give up using skellies and kill almost as fast just between merc and CE (they're just convenient meatshield, really). Bosses too. And my merc's not very well equipped either. And getting basically free bonuses like Holy Freeze - aura is just ridiculous.

7. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard mentioned a while back that you can do much more with merc's in Diablo 3. It kind of implied that you can gear them up in more detail, or at least hints of other features. So it's a good guess that merc's will be in Diablo 3.

...which I think is bad because the game can sometimes revolve around the merc, there will be 4 merc's and 4 players causing a giant mess on the screen, there is no such thing as good AI in video games so you will be annoyed no matter how smart the merc moves, and many other reasons.

8. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop Diabloii.Net Member

I love having mercs. The more details, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Simpler = yawn for me, even if it works.

That's why I hate the console gaming trend.