Merchant Questions

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Merchant Questions

A couple questions about our friends, the merchants. What I'd really like is someone to explain in more detail how they work, but here's the specifics:

1) I want a two socketed staff with CM, Bliz, and/or IceBlast with total staff mods greater than or equal to +6. By the time my characters are level 30, the merchants have stopped selling grey stuff. Is there a way to get this item off a merchant? Or is there some nifty way to make one for myself?

2) What do I need to do to get either +3traps or +3Shadow to a claw weapon? Other mods would be great, but just getting the "cunning" prefix would be swell.

tenaka

Diabloii.Net Member
1) I know Baal's minoins and cows are good places to run (with 0 MF) to get socketed items. I don't know specificly which is the best place for staves but those are good starts. I supposed you could stop a char about lvl 29 and shop shop shop as well. Those staffmods will probably make it cost tens of milloins though.

2) Shop Anya or gamble. Just hop in and out of the red portal to shop her.

tenaka

Diabloii.Net Member
Being a lvl 60 affix I would expect it to be possible. I can't give you a guarantee though, I'm not a stat guy. I tend to go with 'close enough' with my information ;)

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm almost positive you can get +3 trap claws at NM anya, but your chances are MUCH better in hell

galtzaiLe

Diabloii.Net Member
I bought this from Anya NM:

Cunning Scissors Katar
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 17
Durability: 68 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 45
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion