Mercenarys have attack rating?

Tecibbar

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercenarys have attack rating?

Will insight runeword's +150% attack help my mercenary hit more?

Which is better for a hell summoner necro, might or bless aim? Cause skeleton's attack is pretty low, I see them miss a lot.

IncubatorJones

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Mercenarys have attack rating?

I'm fairly sure they don't have AR. Atleast I haven't seen it mentioned ever :scratchchin: Dunno about the auras, I suppose either one is good :D Never played a summoner, but the merc should do most of the damage. I'd go with might and just use the skeletons as meat shields :wink:

JKS

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know for merc attack rating, but might aura is definetely better for summoner. At least it was like that in 1.10 (and I don't think it has been changed). While merc can make first kill to start off CE, the skeletons do lots of damage and might aura helps. For a summoner, the best weapon for merc is Obedience - to make this first kill faster.
It is more useful than:
Reaper's Toll (for a necro who casts AD)
Pride - too little damage on weapon itself, merc can't make first kill
Doom - ok choice, but obedience is a lot cheaper
Insight - doesn't help much, necro should have enough mana anyway
Infinity - good weapon for sorc, assn, zon, but not necro

nurman

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually Insight is the number two choice for necro's. when maxed, Corpse explosion costs around 50 mana per shot. That and teleporting around really taxes your mana pool. Also, Infinity is the best hands down weapon, it's better than obedience and conviction aura is insane for summoners. When you get your Infy, start using insight IG's or resort to potions.

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member

Obedience also has a chance to shatter the corpse, which would defeat the purpose really :).

Victus

Diabloii.Net Member

Mercenaries certainly have attack rating. IMO Might is better choice than blessed aim. You can still increase attack rating with fanaticism on beast rw.