Mercenary Question

Maltatai

Diabloii.Net Member
If I recall correctly yes, but the valkyrie will still quickly disappear as if unsummoned. The only way to keep the valkyrie summoned by the Peace armour is to have a point in the skill, either naturally or through an item.

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member
No. If I remember correctly, it was an issue that caused a game crash, so they fixed it.

EDIT: a quick google search tells me I recalled correctly. It "worked" but crashed the game so it was disabled.

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
Hirelings/pets can not have pets.

However, if you wear the 'Peace' and proc the Valk, as long as you have at least a soft point in Summon Valkyrie, it will stay even if you drop the 'Peace' even if that skill comes from 'Harmony' since it is a CtC.

Not sure if that helps in any way.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
No. If I remember correctly, it was an issue that caused a game crash, so they fixed it.

EDIT: a quick google search tells me I recalled correctly. It "worked" but crashed the game so it was disabled.
Although true, I would hesitate to call it 'fixed', they just took the easy way out rather than properly fix the armour.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks all for the input! (This thread can be removed now)
We don't remove threads unless they are spam or for serious reasons. Generally we keep them up because:
  • Other people may have the same questions
  • People may have more to add in the future
  • Maintain referential integrity of post counts and quotes etc.

DariusTriplet

Diabloii.Net Member
Re-upping this since I have a Peace question regarding Act 1 mercenaries.

I have an Act 1 mercenary using Peace, and noticed the yellow spark from Critical Strike; I assume that this is coming from the +2 oskill on Peace. If so, do the +2 Amazon skill levels on the armor also apply to the oskill?