Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mercenary Question...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Disposition, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Disposition

Disposition Diabloii.Net Member

I just found a 4os Long War Bow, I'm playing HC RWMOD Solo Untwinked walk, I just hit Act1NM would you make a HArmoney out of this for a FanaZerker bow merc until you can get to A5 NM and can make Lawbringer until I can get a thresher for an A2 might merc or what would you guys do?

2. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

4os long war bow is nothing game changing. U will come across several potential bases on your way to guardian.

Act 2 merc is always preferred due to the aura provided; might for damage and merc life steal, and frost ffor aoe slow.

That being said, nothing wrong with trying out each merc and see which fits your play style the best. Give them all a go.

Personally, I upgrade merc as I go along, based on the drops I get.
    If I were in your shoes - or simply because you have the base and the runes already at ur disposal -
    I'd make the harmony and use the rogue merc until I come across a good base and armor for act 2 - or act 5 - merc.

3. Disposition

Disposition Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks, well I met my end. RIP, tried to take on two enchanted packs at once. NM hits way harder. Wasted time playing. :(

4. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

RIP.

Ye in HC survivability before anything else. That usually means taking things slow - too slow for my taste - and preparing for what comes next before it actually rips you apart.

And don't think of it as wasted time =P, one thing about diablo is that you always learn; you now know how to prepare for NM better than you did before.
    On that note, one piece of advice that I've seen somewhere - oh it was the /p8 challenge - play SC version of your character first through whichever area you are at, before you move on to your HC character. It definitely helps to know what's coming for you.

Good luck on your next toon! =D

sanguillen, zoo and Noodle like this.
  5. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

No not wasted, you learned something and thus you can improve next HC playtrough :) Back up on the horse!

For that 4sock bow you found, you could have done passion :) A nice saftey weapon