Mercenary Gear Switch

gorf

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercenary Gear Switch

I was thinking of making a Pride in a low damage polearm, so that I can do Chaos with my summoner w/o having to incessantly revive my merc. I guess it's kind of a waste, but I figure his damage would be so nerfed by the removal of infinity/fort, that I might as well go for next to zero, and just use him as an aura carrier.

I find it curious that everyone in the "Pure-Summoner" topic is talking about killing speed in 5-8 player games as if it's barely changed from 1-2 players. This does not reflect my experience. I've used infinity, but have not used Pride, so I'm hoping that Pride could increase the power of the summoner in large games.

I guess my equip would change from:

Andy's
Fort
Infinity

to

Guillaume's (socketed with?)(suggestions?)
CoH
Pride

This would maintain the CB, give life leech, and grant the Conc aura to hopefully make my army sufficiently powerful to make up for the lack of CE. I guess that further begs the question, will he survive without LL? If so, I could put in a Bramble in place of the CoH. Alternatively, I could continue to use the Andy's, along with the Bramble, and give up the CB (added bonus is Bramble's 30 Fire res makes up for the andy, so I could put an Um in the andy). What do you summoners out there suggest?

Gorf

KavikKang

Diabloii.Net Member
I was thinking of making a Pride in a low damage polearm, so that I can do Chaos with my summoner w/o having to incessantly revive my merc. I guess it's kind of a waste, but I figure his damage would be so nerfed by the removal of infinity/fort, that I might as well go for next to zero, and just use him as an aura carrier.

I find it curious that everyone in the "Pure-Summoner" topic is talking about killing speed in 5-8 player games as if it's barely changed from 1-2 players. This does not reflect my experience. I've used infinity, but have not used Pride, so I'm hoping that Pride could increase the power of the summoner in large games.

I guess my equip would change from:

Andy's
Fort
Infinity

to

Guillaume's (socketed with?)(suggestions?)
CoH
Pride

This would maintain the CB, give life leech, and grant the Conc aura to hopefully make my army sufficiently powerful to make up for the lack of CE. I guess that further begs the question, will he survive without LL? If so, I could put in a Bramble in place of the CoH. Alternatively, I could continue to use the Andy's, along with the Bramble, and give up the CB (added bonus is Bramble's 30 Fire res makes up for the andy, so I could put an Um in the andy). What do you summoners out there suggest?

Gorf
My Pride Merc is a Might merc with Pride, Eth Bramble, and Delirium. I will soon be changing the delirium to an Andy's Visage and the getting the Eth Bramble on Sacred Armor. But he live just fine the way he is with Pride, Bramble, and Delirium.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
As the number of players increases, soloing as a summoner becomes MUCH slower. Same for any class.

I'd say it takes me 5x as long to do a baal run in an 8 player game as a single player. Minions of destruction take forever. I'm thinking of trying an infinity.