Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mercenary as main wep

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Argive, May 1, 2005.

1. Argive

Argive Diabloii.Net Member

Mercenary as main wep

so, for a little fun, I Was thinking of creating a sorceress who used her mercenary as her main weapon. But I am haveing trouble figureing out which mercenary is most effective. Do you guys have any opinions? I was thinking that the rogue would be the best, but.....not sure, heh.

2. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

Then your skills should be placed on enchant for more dmg for your merc.

3. Argive

yep, that is my skill set up, as well as teleport and static shock, but my question is which merc would be the most effective with this build?

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

You're probably going to want an act 2 might merc since they pack the biggest punch while still having better range than the barb merc. The beauty of teleport and mercs is that the merc attacks immediately after coming out of the teleport so the monster is usually stunned and unable to counterattack.

I use this style of play with my enchantress, teleporting on top of single monsters, zealing (from my Passion phase) while my merc jabs, monster dies, and we teleport away before we get too many monsters stacked up on us.

5. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 Diabloii.Net Member

I would suggest act 2 holy freeze, very effective to slow enemies down. If you're using Doom, then might or even defiance could work, if you've got a good eth high defense armor.

6. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

Either might or holyfreeze. Or a might merc with a Doom or whatever they have in ladder.

7. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs Diabloii.Net Member

What type of equipment have you got available to you? might merc with eth botd war pike would be the best option imo but those beasts are very expensive. This would allow yur merc to do massive amounts of damage with a huge amount of life leech. Give him an andariels visage or dream helmet and a fortitude and hes a killing machine once uve enchanted him, he'll probabley do over 10k damage easily with a good chance to hit enemies because of the ar boost from enchant.

If youre not too rich then i would suggest still a might merc but with an insight polearm or reapers toll, both of these are ok as long as the insight is in a decent eth polearm and the reapers toll is eth. Give him a crown of thieves or a tals mask and eth stone armor, he wont be too good but he will probabley do about 2k physical damage. This doesnt look too good but your merc will be able to kill, just not too quick.

Hope thats helped u.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Briggzy

8. Amiral

Amiral Diabloii.Net Member

on the "very rich" part, you could also add the wep that adds conviction aura (more dmg from enchant) and a beast in hand on sorc herself...

9. Arbedark

Arbedark Diabloii.Net Member

Wouldnt the - enemy fire resist from Obedience be gorgeous if ure using enchant? Its a much cheaper option than infinity

Eth Obedience GPA for insane physical damage, and then lots of damage from the enchant.

I'd put it on a Might merc for more killing output, but a HF one might be better since you'll be doing insane damage already.

Arb

10. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight Diabloii.Net Member

My DTM Enchantress doesn't even have this problem. I only have to tele to have my merc take out Ranged attackers. Other wise the sorc just sits at the center and statics while she gets swarmed. The merc takes out the monsters faster after they are statitced (one hit is usually enough) and then its time to jump to the next group of monsters.

11. Argive

What about an act five merc? They can be fairly brutal, would their natural life/damage out weigh that of the Might Merc?

12. Tib

Tib Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, actually, it can! Pop a last wish 2 handed sword, bramble (lots of fun!) and a dream barb helm. The auras off your merc make the BOTH of you a force to recon with, especially if you're a zealer yourself.

13. Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand

Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand Diabloii.Net Member

yea, an act 2 might merc with eth obediance and fort would be great if u were havin yer merc kill all the enemies :)

14. Argive

so, probably not an Act 5 merc?