Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by KTang, Mar 14, 2004.

1. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Merc

I'm using a Might Merc for my blizz sorc, whats the best possible weapon to use around mid level? (47-70) Using pierre atm, but I've got athenas wrath and meat scraper.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

take a quick tour of the d-base of unique items. i can't remember the name of the wep everyone uses.

3. BipolarTemp

BipolarTemp IncGamers Member

I believe it's Reaper's Toll. I don't know why, seeing as how I don't have one, but that's what everyone talks about.

4. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Reapers has lvl 75 requirement so is not for mid-level.

A good mid-level weapon could be a Meat Scraper. Damage is not that good, but the 10% life leech is very good. In mid-level you just want your merc to stay alive without having to babysit him. Get good life leech and any weapon will do actually.

For high level a Reapers wins hands down for me. The 33% chance to cast Decrepify is just godly. Furthermore the damage is quite good, and to top it has 15% max life leech. This combination is hard to beat. Put in a Sheal and you need only a 15% IAS jewel in any other gear for next attack breakpoint

Other good high level act2 merc weapons are Tomb Reaver (3 sock, Amn-Shael-Shael) or Bonehew (Amn-Shael). The runes in these are for best possible attack speed and life leech on the weapon itself. With extra Sheal instead of Amn and 2*15% IAS jewels the merc can attack even faster, but it's only minimal and the life leech will have to come from other gear.

5. z.nomad

z.nomad IncGamers Member

Thx for the feedback, was going to post sthing like this soon, since i don't have Reapers yet, but i had a shaeled viperfork I thought quite good, and found a bonehew yesterday night... was hesitating between the two, poison dmg and the explosions Vs Bone spear and the two sockets...:scratch:

But now i'll try with the amn-shael-bonehew, if it's the best choice... until a reapers... :uhhuh:

Oh, by the way, didn't see him yet using it, and don't know either if it's possible, but is the merc able to use the corpse explosion charges on Bonehew??? Maybe a stupid question anyway, i presume he cant... but I dont really know... thx if u can answer me :thumbsup:

6. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

If you are on the USEast ladder, I have a sheal/amn 606 dmg bonehew for trade. I'll trade low for it, just need some runes. Maybe some shael/amn s back or something along those lines.

7. z.nomad

z.nomad IncGamers Member

Sorry i'm on Europe SCL... but thx anyway for asking
    :uhhuh:

8. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Easy progression of best merc weapons according to levels- razortine trident (Ias, slows target), Woestave halberd (totally immobilizes monsters), Blackleach blade bill (weaken on striking+high life leech), Reapers toll, Doom ethereal polearm. (either reapers or doom unless u r a summoning necro in which case a +4 ethereal ariocs needle is the ultimate).

9. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I always liked Hone Sudan: Shael'd or Amn'd or a combination there of... goes great with Guillame's Face & Rattlecage