Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc Zero Res Bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Super5, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Super5

Super5 IncGamers Member

Merc Zero Res Bug?

I haven't seen anything mentioning this in the forums, but it seems weird so I'll put it here...

The setup: I was rushed through normal with an act 1 character, which allowed access to an act 3 merc while I was at clvl 1. The mercs spawned as lvl 1 of course, since they couldn't be higher than my level. I took the merc to act 1 to level and he died :( Anyway, while I talked to Kashya to ressurect him (after the blood raven quest was completed), the res cost was listed as '0'! However, when I tried to res him, I lost all ability to enter commands. It was like the game just froze, I could move the cursor, but not access any menus, move, check inventory, etc. After a couple minutes of this, the game just booted me back to chat (still logged on) without any error message. When I joined another game, I tried to res the merc and I was successful. Cost was still nothing though.

One thing that might have something to do with it is the fact that in the first game, I had just completed the blood raven quest. That's the only different thing I can think of between the two games, I'm at a loss as to what happened the first time though. Has anyone seen this before?

2. ElPatron

ElPatron IncGamers Member

This same thing happened to me once. I was trying to resurect a lvl 1 act 2 merc for lvling after corpsefire and killed him. But, I froze, and had to restart my computer..

3. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

I would have to think that's an anti-rushing mechanism.

4. Broph

Broph IncGamers Member

How would that stop anyone from being rushed?

5. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Some people level through act 1 using a act 2 or act 3 merc. This is a way of "rushing".

I can't think of any connection between the merc resurrection and the game drop. I would have to say that you two both experienced those two events in succession by coincidence.
    Merc resurrection prices are based on their level, and at level 1, the cost is zero.

If this isn't no coincidence then I would just have to say that the game has trouble with extremely low level mercs. I wonder if someone could "rush" you through the Blood Raven quest and get a level 1 rogue merc and see if she causes the same problem.