Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

merc weapon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by iomanip, May 25, 2008.

1. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

merc weapon

hi!
    I'm currently in the (vacant?) "Make no Bones About it" tournament, and have gotten as far as act I NM as of now. Since no bone spells/summons (except for golems) are allowed, my necro is mostly cursing enemies and let the merc kill them. It has worked well, and is still working, but i feel that in the near future, my merc won't be able to kill the evil guys as readily...

Right now he's equipped with an eth battlebranch, which i upped to partizan (~100-190 dmg, 7% ll), but that won't do it in hell, if i get that far.

Do you guys have any suggestions what i can do to get a better weapon (besides mf obviously). What do you normally do?

peace!
    /iomanip

2. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Re: merc weapon

If you don't want to MF, then IMO runewords are your best bets.

Honor (AmnElIthTirSol) is a nice, cheap runeword, if (big if) you can find a ethereal five socket polearm or spear.

Malice (IthElEth) is also very cheap - doesn't have much enhanced damage, but it does have 100% chance for Open Wounds. Not really sure if that's end-game material though.

Strength (AmnTir) has a little %ED, and 25% chance for Crushing Blow. Could be useful for Bosses.

However, my favourite is Insight (RalTirTalSol) - very cheap, huge ED for the price, and a Meditation Aura thrown in for a bonus. An Ethereal 4 socket Polearm is the hardest part to find.

3. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

In Hell, you want to use chippies to re-roll a Cryptic Axe, a Great Poleaxe, a Giant Thresher, Ghost Spear or a War Pike until it gets a "cruel" prefix.

4. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

allright!
    i always tend to forget that recepie, as well as those low lvl runewords.

thx guys!

edit: how many rolls does it usually take to get a nice cruel polearm?