Merc Weapon troubles

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc Weapon troubles

Im having large difficulties getting my Blizz sorc past act 4 since my weapon of choice (a semi-decent insight polearm) was lost when one of the chars using it died. Thus I am out of decent gear for my merc and cant really kill the CI's guarding the sanctuary.
Since I am playing hc i dont feel confident teleporting and parking such large amounts of enemies and I must find something better.
The char is for the mf tourney, so I need to get at least to the resist scroll in act 5 and I need help finding the gear fast enough. Should I go for NM meph or should I try some area for a nice socketed polearm for a runeword?

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have access to an ethereal 5 socket Polearm? You could slap in the HONOR runeword into an ethereal 5 socket Lance and have a weapon for your merc that would do 140-460 damage and you could equip it before level 30 or so.

Or possibly run NM Meph and hope for a Hone Sundan to fall.

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with previous poster.I' ve been at same situation before few days and my advice is - do couple NM Meph runs or Hell Andy/Meph runs.I found there with my Blizzy an Ethereal Sundan and also Hell Meph was so sweet and gives me Ethereal Bonehew (very good roll).But i still played Chaos Sanctuary at players 1 setting :embarassed:

Good Luck

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanx for the quick replies... will do a few nm meph runs then. Dont have the guts to run hell meph with my mf gear since my resists drop too much then.

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
Or if You want, i will send You tomorrow one of mine normal Bonehews (i'm playing also just HC, Vanilla 1.11 and just singl player - no MP, no trading).Just if You want...