Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc VS Meph!?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by we3dling, Feb 18, 2004.

1. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

Merc VS Meph!?

Hey yall!

Im in despair... almost^^

I can't figure out how to make my act 2 nm might merc survive hell meph...

He is lvl 82...

1800 life
    1-4 k dmg

res:

75 fire
    65 lightning
    65 cold
    65 poison
    ...with duriels
    he uses pf amnamn bonehew and 12 % crown of weed, which equels 26% ll!

still he dies to meph, even though i take him down in 4-5 blizz... I dunno what to do?

Thought of pf gaze and tomb reaver and guardian angel... or maybe pf levi?
    U guess bottom line is that i dont know whether he dies from lightning/cold or the slaps of physical dmg....

U guys must know that...

By the way, I met some dude who told me to get lightning absorb... I don't see how that's possible... do u?

Share ur experience!

Lastly, I am lvl ** with 850 mf =)

P.S... ^^ I know i could lvl him to lvl 90 or so, he gets more dmg res def and life... but... that really takes some time i think... =)

Now share ur thoughts^^

-----
    gOt bLunT¿
    -----

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

My current sorc's holy freeze merc wears a Perfect Vampire Gaze, Duriel's Shell, and an 'AmnShael' Bonehew. Resists are 72/75/72/72 I believe and he hardly ever dies to Meph as long as I feed him some red pots every now and then. Are you letting him tank Meph or are you running around alot because Meph's melee hits aren't as bad as his ice ball.

3. we3dling

Yea, but...

No actually, I just tele on top of meph, then blizz *static^4* blizz^3 with some ice blasts maybe... all I want my merc for is just to absorb the hits on the way and at meph, this way i can do a optimal run each time, instead of having to lure him to the moat sometimes...

ANother thing is, do u open only the one chest furthest behind meph, or u take all of them?

It all has to be taken into consideration, cuz it's a matter of seconds in the end... I do meph under 30 sex if it's a good map, and then it maybe just a waste to speend 10 secs on chests...

WHata u think?

By the way, what lvl should the merc be to survive?

Any1 have a mf merc who can survive? If so, how? =)

take care now^^
    ----
    gOt bLunT¿
    ----

4. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

You can't leech off Mephisto, so your high leech doesn't help. ShaelShael would be better for the Bonehew and get another helm than Crown of Thieves (that is the helm you're using, isn't it?). Vampire Gaze is really nice, but Rockstopper is a cheap alternative and will also get you maxed resistance.

You don't list your armor, but Shaftstop is the best choice - if you don't have that, any high defense armor will do.

My Meteorb's merc uses Reaper's, and the slow and half damage really helps my merc out a lot.

Lastly, level your merc if he's a lower level than you - you'll really feel the difference of just a few levels.

About the chests, I don't think they're worth it. I once heard someone got an Ist out of one, so for the longest time I opened them and never got anything. You run Mephisto to get a reliable stream of nice unique exceptionals and elites - faster is better. If you want a small chance of finding something godly, do pit runs, Pindle/Eldritch/Shenk or Baal.

5. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

I had something here but i took to long Sasja answered

6. we3dling

Jiar but...

Dunno if I did all this quote thing right... haha=P

7. we3dling

Jiar but...

He should live with MAX lightning and cold resist then? Then no need for shaft and gaze...

He uses duriels or shabby levi... it's 49 str and 18% so... But if it's a matter of resist, id say kira and guardien angel!?

Yea i started lvling him=) It helps^^ I do pindles for lvls, and accidently a sacred armor set dropped:p

Is it possible to make the notorious act 3 mf merc? With ist^6 sword and ist^4 shield, skullder and fortitous circlet of fortune with 2 ists in it?
    I mean, if ur rich enough, will he kill act bosses at lvl..say 90?
    I always considered him a nice help for my sorc on normal with cold attack, but after that ... useless.. true!?

I do the last chest just because I find alot of rare rings and charms... but it takes some extra seconds, especially if there's a pack of vampires... :p

Dunno if I did all this quote thing right... haha=P

Better?

8. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

If your merc is tanking Meph, he'll mostly use his melee physical attack. Therefore dr comes in handy. Besides, the resistance will take care of itself as you level your merc.

PS Compan, a single shael in Bonehew won't make it reach the next bp - so unless you have ias somewhere else in your setup, eitehr go shaelshael or amnamn.

9. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

any advice to get a lvl 71 merc to use a sheal/sheal bonehew at lvl 71 ... i have been tring to get a levi but there is none for trade on east ladder. right now his set up is tals mask / duriels / hwainns weapon ? We are both lvl 71 .. I want to enter hell but I dont think he can handle the monsters with just that set up

10. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

whats the STR on lvl71 merc?
    Duriel's Shell gives +15 str for example.

11. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

1. use reaper's instead of bonehew

2. get him to lvl ** or more

you'll have absolutely no problems with meph then. My merc is lvl 90 w/ a regular reaper's, and he can tank not only meph but all baals minions and baal too with ease.

--fatty

12. we3dling

Umkay

Nice=) Then u only have care about black souls... They make no sense! Unless u endlessly anti-lightning, they will **** u... atleast my sorc... and I see 95 all res palas with 5-6 k life die to packs of them too... is there a viable counter? ... I mean it's not good to go with all anti lightning..then no skills and mf^^ =)

As i asked early, is it possible to make a act 3 merc meph killing?
    with 6ist sword and 4ist sheild? Dunno what kind of damage he dishes out at lvl **++

any experience??

thx for answers so far!
    ----
    gOt bLunT¿
    ----

13. warding

warding Banned

For some reason black souls always target me and never my merc :/ I have a t gods in my cube that i put on and they do no damage.

My HF merc seems to take alot of damage from end bosses, he dies ~60% of the time on baal runs, but I don't see meph should be a problem. His equip: Double amn'd eth bonehew, Gaze, 3k+ Stone armor

14. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

When a 95 all res 5-6k life pala get's himself killed by a pack of Souls he's doing something wrong. My sorc, with 1.2k life and 75 res can already tank about 5 shots from those nasties. This is standing still in front of a single Soul. With some good BO I will hardly feel a Soul scratching my behind.

15. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

with duriels on it is 175
    oh and he is 70 and I am 71