Merc Training

thetriadbeast

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc Training

Is it true that if you train your merc instead of waiting to buy one, it receives better stat bonuses? If so, what's the difference exactly?

djfriesen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Merc Training

I believe it used to be that way, but has since been patched. Someone over in the stats thread could tell you for sure.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Until 1.10, mercs had a level cap when hiring them, being rather low in normal mode. Those from normal mode had (and still have) the best base stats which led to the misconception that it's because of the leveling process. From 1.11 on, the level cap has been lifted.

With other words: No, but it's better to hire them on normal if you have a choice.

droid

Diabloii.Net Member

Short answer, always buy your mercs in Normal, except for NM A2 mercs.

The difference isnt that great, but of course every little bit helps :)

Be sure to take the gear off your current merc before you buy a new one though, or your old merc will take it as a severance package! :D

pegasuss

Diabloii.Net Member

I completed Normal, and my merc still good for Nightmare. My brother advised me to hire a new merc for higher resist (?), i did. And :eek:ld merc with defense over 1000, new merc <400 !

Haru

Diabloii.Net Member

Until 1.10, mercs had a level cap when hiring them, being rather low in normal mode. Those from normal mode had (and still have) the best base stats which led to the misconception that it's because of the leveling process. From 1.11 on, the level cap has been lifted.

With other words: No, but it's better to hire them on normal if you have a choice.
Correct me if Im wrong, but dont act2 hell mercs have higher base IAS than their normal counterparts? (or something like that?)

Haru

Diabloii.Net Member

nope, all a2 mercs have the same IAS breakpoints
Hmm, weird, somehow I remember reading something in the past in this forum about the hell merc attacking faster ( the poster coming to that conclusion after some experiments)