Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc Setup w/ ETH Hone Sundan

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Mafia-CUD, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Mafia-CUD

Mafia-CUD IncGamers Member

Merc Setup w/ ETH Hone Sundan

I recently acquired an ETH Hone Sundan and will be upgrading it soon as i make a couple of trades for the LUM and PUL. Im equiping it for my LVL 90 Skellymancer's Might Merc. He currently uses BoneHew w/ 2 Amns and does 3K+ dmg.

The Skellymancer is built for MFing Worldstone Keep and Baal (ala Nightfish guide - much props to Nightfish btw). My WS Keep times are fast enuff as is w/ Max CE (about 5min per floor and i clear all 3 lvls + Throne... yes i go back up to Lvl 1 Keep plus i ID everything lol) but my Baal times can be a lito slow about 2-3 min for Baal himself. I figure the 45% CB on Hone Sundan should take Baal down in half that time.

At any rate... im not quite sure what 3 things to socket into the Hone Sundan. I guess the expensive route would be 3 Ohm runes for an xtra 150ED. It would mean having to get my mercs leech from sumthing else.... Gaze or Crown of Thieves

Any Suggestions?

2. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

I use a similar setup myself. Crown of thieves works very well for me, Merc only bites it when he's IM'd for the most part.

Another expensive route would be to replace the Ohm runes with three Ists for MFin. Fun to watch all the sparklies fly off the end of his spear :)

3. Mafia-CUD

Thanks for quick reply Lylanthwol

Glad to know some1 else knows this is a proven setup.

IM pretty much wipes out my army and merc esp since i rarely use revives nowadays cept for when i get to Baal.... my skellies are all i really need. The second i see Doom Knights (Oblivion Knights will be nearby) i switch to tele for my right click.... sometimes im fast enuff... sometimes im not :scratch:

4. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Ber runes! 3 = 105% CB! Or one and a gface for 100% CB! and two amns for leach.

Though about the gface thing i'm not sure if it registers as 100% cb or a 35% chance of CB AND a 65% chance of CB :scratch:

5. Lylanthwol

Lylanthwol IncGamers Member

Dayam Necrochild, that's a whole LOT of CB! I'm not sure I'd spend that much on my merc for MFin, but that's gotta do some taking down!

Welcome Mafia, one thing I'd do first before you rune the thing is equip it and give it a few test runs to see how you like it.

Here's wishing that eth 80% Tomb Reaver drops for us today!

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

i believe it registers as 100

7. Mafia-CUD

Yea... i have no plans to socket the Hone Sundan rite away, thx for the advice tho.

I will definitely try the Crown of Thieves first and then GFace out...

according to arreat summit

Crushing Blow
    If you have more than one item with Crushing Blow, the probabilities will be added together. There will be one random check for a Crushing Blow. There is no check for each separate item, so one can not get multiple Crushing Blows in one attack.

Thx again guys

8. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

It max's out at 95% just so ya know.

9. Mafia-CUD

Llylanthwol,

Im beginning to understand why u wanted me to wait b4 socketing the ETH Hone Sundan. I tried it on my merc UN-Upgraded... so his damage actually went down... but with the CB... I still took out Hell Baal in 1/3 the time i normally do. So i guess now i'm leaning towards a 3-Shael route. 3-Ists would be nice for Mf but the truth is... he doesnt get many killing blows since my Max CE pretty much takes out everything on the screen. Even on Baal he shares dmg w/ my 11 Skeles and 10 or so Revives.

10. MelFrank

MelFrank IncGamers Member

Untrue, it is possible to achieve 100% crushing blow. It's just not really worth it.
    On a merc the trick is to get his AR high enough so he's actually hitting Baal. I like to use Demon Limb's slvl23 Enchant, thus adding 218% AR. My merc has 55% CB and Hell Baal dies in 30 seconds.

Mel