Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc randomly using CE effect

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kaervek, Oct 26, 2006.

1. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Merc randomly using CE effect

I've got a slight problem in that my merc has decided to blow up monsters on rare occasions so that they leave no corpse or drops.

First noticed when he killed countess and nothing at all dropped (no runes, junk anything) and there was no corpse left besides the exploded parts.

He is using bonehew and black hades armor. bonehew has CE charges, but the merc shouldnt be using those. Are there any bugs with these two items? his headgear is tal mask.

The effect is very similar to that of the viper fork, except that he blows up the monster he is currently fighting rather than bodies nearby.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Sounds like it's just the Fire Enchanted death explosion.

The part where there were no drops could be a number of things, but probably has to do with where you killed the monster. Just like when you kill a specter over the voids in the Arcane Sanctuary and they don't drop anything, the same thing can happen on isolated spots elsewhere. Anyone who's done a good deal of Andariel runs can attest to this.

3. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Cool, that seems to cover both points. all times its been on countess, FE would explain no body and there may be a couple of small void areas in the chest room since it has similar tiles to andariels lair.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

"Normal" FE bosses will leave a corpse, even if it looks like there´s just a bloody mess of pulp left. However, some special bosses don´t leave a corpse. This includes all bosses with their own graphics (Griswold, Smith, Izual, Nihlathak, etc) as well as the Countess, Blood Raven and Shenk.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

It could also be that if she happens to be cold (which, if he has the holy freeze aura, is a possibility) her corpse is simply shattering. I've seen the same thing happen to the act bosses... though I'm pretty sure they gave me a drop those times.

As far as her drop goes, are you sure she isn't dropping anything? She might have just dropped a small amount, and it got lost in the loot from the other monsters nearby.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Shattering has no effect on monster drops, i.e. the average number of items doesn't change. For example, the ice troll in the act 5 caves always shatter when killed and they still drop items. Sometimes Diablo shatters when my zon kills him and it hasn't affected his drops.

7. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

absolutely positive nothing dropped on one run, but only one out of about 30. There was one heal pot that another mob dropped, but nothing else. not even gold drops. I did hear the sound of CE going off, but that was probably FE as it has the same SFX i think.

It could have been a 1/10000000 roll where all the item drops chose "no drop" i guess, or some lag thing. if was on the map design where her room is in the top right.

8. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

I've had her drop nothing a couple of times for myself. Only ever seemed to happened when i killed her with CE when i wasn't in the room with my summoner nec (IE: my merc was killing in the room and i was casting through doorway)

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

we are running in circles here. :rolleyes:

There is a chance for the Countess to drop nothing at all. Shattering or an explosion from fire enchantment has no influence, I repeat, no influence on it.