Merc Question

redshift

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Merc Question

That should be the Act II Offensive merc from Nightmare. Normal/Hell have different auras.

Lazarus

Diabloii.Net Member

What is the list of all the auras, if you don't mind me hijacking your thread? I've always wondered this.

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

Combat (Normal): Prayer
Combat (Nightmare): Thorns
Combat (Hell): Prayer

Defense (Normal): Defiance
Defense (Nightmare): Holy Freeze
Defense (Hell): Defiance

Offense (Normal): Blessed Aim
Offense (Nightmare): Might
Offense (Hell): Blessed Aim

mokujon

Diabloii.Net Member

ok so i hired a NM offense merc and i don't see the might aura. do it just go on by its self?

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Sometimes it takes a while for the mercenary to activate the aura. Normally I'll have him engage by himself some low level monsters (not bosspack) and by the end of the fight that normally gets his aura going.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are going to hire an Act V mercenary then do so in Normal, not NM. The reason for this is that Normal mercs have higher stat points than NM or Hell mercs so your barbarian companion will be stronger with more life and so forth.

Act V mercs in general are more of a novelty than anything. While they do have very nice life regen they are just another tank for your character. Act II mercs outshine them due to the aura they possess.

BigManZZZ

Diabloii.Net Member

WHat is the best Merc for a Pally.... I'm a lvl 87 and bought a Act 2 Merc... What weapon is best for him West Ladder...