Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Yoshimiko, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Yoshimiko

Yoshimiko IncGamers Member

Merc Question

I was thinking about a mercenary, but I didn't really want to go with the infinity + act 2 merc like everyone else..so..

I was thinking of going with either a Ice ironwolf, or a Faith Act 1 Ice bolt.

I'm going to be a Light sorc, and My merc wouldn't be in anyway poorly equiped. I know that infinity would probably be best, but I really don't want that.

What do you guys think I should use?^^ I plan to use this char for Pit runs, Baal, Travincal, and chaos.

Thank you for your help. ^^

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

If you aint gonna go the cookie-cutter A2 Infinity or Insight path. I will strongly reccomend A5 Baba Merc.
    Equip him with a eBOTD Colossus Blade, eArreats Upped, eFortitude. You could socket the helm with a nice ed jewel or a simple shael, but he will do very well without sox also. This setup gives him a high life leech and IM is the only thing that can kill him. If you have BO, even Andariel has problems with him, he eats Lister and souls for breakfast and its a joy watching him running around whacking the Council. The perfect tank, he tanks and kill at the same time, unlike Valkyrie that only tanks mostly.
    For your sake I would reccomend a fire/cold sorc(Fireball/Orb) for this merc(Lightsorc just aint that good without the infinity..) And with that you have 3 type of attacks; fire, cold and physical(merc) + static, that makes it actually 4:smiley:

You are gonna have to re-position him using teleport, because this is a very aggresive merc, he runs and slashes untill he dies(which is rare). He is a pure breed killingmachine.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

you don't have to do the act 2 + infinity thing, but you will want infinity. It's still possible to cary it yourself and keep a good FCR rate, but you will loose some skills and you'll need some good gear to keep your resists up.