Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dagee, Apr 17, 2005.

1. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

Merc question

For those who have done this before how has it worked out for you. I was thinking about a low level charater I would like to level: (level 4 right now). My thought was to rush this charcter into nightmare grab and act 2 nightmare merc then head back to act 1 and play the game as normal, essentially letting my merc help in leveling me. The advantages of this would be that 1) much safer for my low level character and 2) it might make leveling the merc much easier since he would probably be doing most of the kills.

So again, for those who ahve done this, how has it worked out for you? Does it making leveling your charcter easier? How about you merc?

2. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Yea, it could work, apart that your merc would not level (he cant be of a higher level then you, in such case he doesn't gain exp). Sure, high lvl merc can help you.

But there are a lot of fast ways to level up to hell. The most painful is getting to level 25 for baalruns in Norm. This takes some effort, I agree. Going through Tombs till lvl 20 and then cows to lvl 24. Once you get there, it's easy. Ask your friends to guide your through each difficulty and you baalrun: in Norm from lvl 25, Nightmare from lvl 40, Hell from lvl 60. Easy, no need for any merc to level up.

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It doesn't work, because you can't hire mercs with a higher lvl than yours. Also, up to lvl 2x NM act2 mercs have 40 life.

4. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Ah, OK. And also, as I stated above, I believe there are faster ways to level up.