Merc Question

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc Question

I am about to start nm and I have a bonehew in my stash along with a tals mask and a shaft stop ... but the str req's for the bonehew is 195 i know on a lvl ** merc its str is about 188 now i have a amn rune in one of the sockets. I do have a hel rune should i put that in the other socket ?

or is there any other way to lower the str req's?
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
SgtPPS said:
I am about to start nm and I have a bonehew in my stash along with a tals mask and a shaft stop ... but the str req's for the bonehew is 195 i know on a lvl ** merc its str is about 188 now i have a amn rune in one of the sockets. I do have a hel rune should i put that in the other socket ?

or is there any other way to lower the str req's?
Duriel's Shell upgraded/not upgraded gives you tons of resists (which should countermeasure the DR from Shaftstop (not totally but most) and +15 STR :D
 

Terrorwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Guillame's Face has +15 to strength and 35% crushing blow. Not a bad helm for a merc. Mercs don't need the ML from Tal's, so you could double Amn the Bonehew for the extra leech.

You get the same result, but you pick up CB, which is nice.
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Terrorwind said:
Guillame's Face has +15 to strength and 35% crushing blow. Not a bad helm for a merc. Mercs don't need the ML from Tal's, so you could double Amn the Bonehew for the extra leech.

You get the same result, but you pick up CB, which is nice.
Double Shael for Bonehew is better imho, since you reach another IAS Breakpoint for your Merc attacks that way :D, which makes wuite a difference.
 

SgtPPS

Diabloii.Net Member
so i should use bonehew / duriels shell / tals mask ?

is there a way i can unsocket the amn rune thats already in the bonehew?
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
SgtPPS said:
so i should use bonehew / duriels shell / tals mask ?

is there a way i can unsocket the amn rune thats already in the bonehew?
That setup sounds good to me!

Unsocket Recipe for the Horadric Cube:
1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Unsocket that item
Warning: This will destroy any gems, runes, or jewels you have socketed. This is useful if you are not happy with the gems you have socketed and you want to socket the item in another way.
 
Top