Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc not drawing attacks

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Corale, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Corale

Corale IncGamers Member

Merc not drawing attacks

Hello all,

I'm experiencing some weirdness when playing my untwinked fishyzon. She is lvl 28 and thus pretty reliant on the merc still. However, the enemies simply refuse to attack him. They will do ANYTHING to get past him and reach me. It's really weird, I've never seen it on any other char that I can remember. It's an act 2 defiance merc who is the same level as I am. With big bosses that hurt like hell this has me running circles around the merc while he slowly kills them, they never turn to him. It's all enemies, ranged ones as well.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

2. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Re: Merc not drawing attacks

This happens from time to time. Normally if you S&E the game and re-enter it should be fixed. The merc has various bugs where he disappears from screen, stands still forever, turns blue without being frozen, green without being poisoned or is ignored by monsters.
    Try to keep your merc on screen and don't run ahead of him a lot, I found that if your merc has to catch up a lot and/or gets stuck himself he'll do crazy things.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Yes, this is typical behaviour of the 'Ignore the merc' bug. It can happen when the merc auto-teleports to catch up with you. Save and exit is the only known cure for it.

4. Corale

Corale IncGamers Member

Ah ok, nothing too permanent then. I had it for several sessions but probably because I do tend to run off from him then. Thanks guys!

5. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

I had the invisible merc for the first time the other day when I was working on my "Gold Diggers" tournament character. It was an Act 1 mercenary. Her arrows were visible as she mowed down the baddies, but she was herself invisible. Fun times.

6. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Just to clarify: To fix the ignore the merc bug, you can either S&E, or resurrect the merc if he dies. The hard part is getting him killed when melee ignore him. Ranged AI still attack him I believe.
    I am uncertain as to Boss AI, but I believe Diablo might still attack him, whereas Duriel (melee) won't.