Merc lost his AURA- what gives?

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc lost his AURA- what gives?

My Act 2 Blessed Aim person has suddenly lost his aura. Up to now, his boost in A/R has been wonderful, but here we are in Act 5 Nightmare, slogging up the hill out of Harrogath on the way to Shenk, and I have no boost, and his aura- normally the blinking red dashes- are no where in sight.

Ever seen this before?
Is this a glitch?
Is there something I should be doing?
Do I have to start the game again and see if it comes back? Hate to give up the progress, but if that's how you usually fix these problems...

It could have happened in the past and I just never noticed, but I really count on his help for my lvl 63 Tesladin.

aman

Assassin Moderator
Mercs don't have there aura right away it's like chance to cast on striking

Also iirc as they get higher the chance goes down so it takes longer to activate

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
What amen said is true, let him stand around in a bunch of monsters for a while and see what happens. See if he gets his 'agro' on as some say.

If that doesn't work, I once read that sometimes if a merc died, and then isn't resurrected until the next game (i.e. you save and exit while he's dead) he is sometimes glitched and his aura wont activate. I forget what it said about activating it though, it was either save and exit again while he's alive, or replace him. This was back in the days of 1.09 though so blizzard might have fixed it by now.

-hps

Spearthrower

Diabloii.Net Member
If he doesnt activate his aura after a few minutes of melee then get him killed and resurrect him. That'll sort out the cheeky bugger! ;)

HiTeknology

Diabloii.Net Member
If he doesnt activate his aura after a few minutes of melee then get him killed and resurrect him. That'll sort out the cheeky bugger! ;)
Good call. Sometimes you have to hostile him yourself and kick him into gear with a nice axe to the skull..

Mercs don't have there aura right away it's like chance to cast on striking

Also iirc as they get higher the chance goes down so it takes longer to activate

Really? It always seems like mine always activates his aura almost as soon as we leave town. But he's a Might mercenary, if that matters.

Llathias

Banned
With a HF mercenary, this phenomenon of "aura activating after some melee" is rather obvious. So yeah, let him do something in combat.

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
I've read somewhere long ago that Act 2 mercs:

Offensive Act 2 mercs' aura gets activated after they hit something.

Defensive Act 2 mercs' aura gets activated after they get hit.

Anyways, after half a minute of fighting, i'm sure your merc's aura gets activated...
It turns out you're right- I can't tell if it's him hitting, or being hit, but after about 20 seconds the aura appears. He's an Offensive guy. Now, if I could only keep him alive......

scwormy

Diabloii.Net Member
I've read somewhere long ago that Act 2 mercs:

Offensive Act 2 mercs' aura gets activated after they hit something.

Defensive Act 2 mercs' aura gets activated after they get hit.

Anyways, after half a minute of fighting, i'm sure your merc's aura gets activated...
Does that mean the Combat Act 2 mercs' aura is activiated after entering combat? :cool: