Merc leveling

Dragonmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc leveling

Hmm I recently purchased an act 1 fire merc for my new bonemancer, and cant get her to keep up on levels for crap. Even if I just sit there and amp, I still level as fast as her. So I remembered back in the day there was a pretty comprehensive merc guide on the forums here, but I have checked most of them and don't see it so I'm guessing it got messed up like most of the other stuff. So does anyone have a link to it? Or did I just miss it? Or any tips for leveling mercs? ty

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragonmaster said:
Hmm I recently purchased an act 1 fire merc for my new bonemancer, and cant get her to keep up on levels for crap. Even if I just sit there and amp, I still level as fast as her. So I remembered back in the day there was a pretty comprehensive merc guide on the forums here, but I have checked most of them and don't see it so I'm guessing it got messed up like most of the other stuff. So does anyone have a link to it? Or did I just miss it? Or any tips for leveling mercs? ty

In the beginning, it's always slow for all the merc's....so it seems. Since the merc does get exp from your kills, i would join act 1 games and go do Dark Woods and further up to level her in act 1.

I might take a while though, because of the low level of her.

Also, get a 3 socket bow and put 3 chips in it (I like either poison or Topaz personally) and that will help her alot in the beginning.

HoS

Dragonmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
alright thanks, also i can't decide between keeping her or getting a holy freeze, hf would probably be helpful but harder to keep alive... What do you think? (also which one is hf?)

ender11782

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragonmaster said:
alright thanks, also i can't decide between keeping her or getting a holy freeze, hf would probably be helpful but harder to keep alive... What do you think? (also which one is hf?)
I think HF is defensive, but don't quote me. Also, keep in mind that low-level mercs require, for some reason, more XP per level than you do. So expect them to be low level early on.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragonmaster said:

HF is in NM(def)

I would go with a norm def merc until then.

HoS

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
I suggest act 2 Combat in norm till you get to NM more. That is the prayer aura. Good stuff!

~Kbob