Merc getting owned

Brave_turtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc getting owned

Hi,

My merc is lvl 85 now and has no armor. I have this nice eth glitched sacred armor but its req 222 str.

He now has only 186 str whitout str boost from andy visage. I don't want to use andy visage. Will he ever be able to wear that nice fort? What lvl will he be?

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Uh, kinda vague, so I'm assuming Act II Town Guard.

Without any STR boost, your Mercenary will never be able to wear it.

Normal Town Guards have 213 STR at lvl 99.
Nightmare Town Guards have 209 STR at level 99.

Needless to say, Rogues and Iron Wolves have no chance at all without a STR boost.

However, if your mercenary is a Normal Barbarian, then he will be able to at lvl 93 without any STR boost.

Edit: Plus there are many other options of getting his STR up other than Andariel's.

Brave_turtle

Diabloii.Net Member
AHHH, this is very sad...

I say andy visage because it's the closest thing i'd use because I really want to use a Dream helm.

I guess I will have to trade that 3.7k def 30 res fort

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Andy's Visage>Dream for mercs anyway. 320 average Lightning damage isn't godly, and CTC Confuse is annoying. The FHR and small bonus to resist isn't too important on mercs.

20% IAS, Life Leech (important), super strength boost, an open socket and almost immune to poison is great.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
You can always socket PAmathysts into his helm, too. Each one gives +10 Strength. You can also get up to +9 Strength on Jewels and stick them in his weapon.

Esuna

Diabloii.Net Member
Well there are the other act mercenary's where they have more strength, put socketed jewels for lower requirements maybe or just simply level up.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Use a 3 socket elite Hone or Tomb reaver with 3 +9 str jewels for 27 more str. Or a BOTD weapon for 30.