Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc gear

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bundler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. bundler

bundler IncGamers Member

Merc gear

just wondering what you all like as a merc's gear. he is an act two, with a BotD. my zon is a strafer. not sure what the armor/helm preferred gear is.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

My strafer's merc uses an eth Obedience cryptic axe, Guillaume's Face, and eth Duriels. Crushing blow galore.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

When it comes to hats, what I really like is a nice anderial's visage socketed with a ral rune or nice jewel with fire resists.
    Armor? I've got mercs with Duress, Fortitude, Shaftstop, eth rare armors, various uniques... I'm not real picky.:rolleyes:

4. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

Depends what he does.... If you are running bosses then massive crushing blow is king. Even with all the dupe-er-runewords I've always been fond of a reaper's toll. If you can afford a runeword you can get an eth reaper's toll socketed with a ber. Massive leech, slows everything down, breaks most PI's, and helps his survival more than any other weapon. I like it for baal runs as baal is immune to holy freeze and such. Decrep makes him petting zoo material. Also, if you can get CBF on the merc's gear it helps but its a nice to have not a have to have. Helms....Gaze is good, crown of theives is good (and highly underrated), andy's of course.

5. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Armour = eth bugged Fortitude, (as heavy as your merc has strength to wear), gives you highest possible defence (with chilling armour), massive extra damage, huge resistances and extra life, damage reduction and higher lighting resist. It is in other words your merc's dreams come true.

6. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Helm: 20DR eth vampgaze, or cheap all-rounder Tal's mask.
    Armor: eth Fortitude, Duress, the under-rated Lionheart

My Faith strafer's A2 merc wields a lvl20 Conc Pride eth Thresher. But if your merc needs CB & resist, Obedience is hard to beat. Upgraded eth Hone Sundan with Shael-Shael-Amn is another choice. Most versatile Merc polearm has to be Reaper's Toll. Personal favourite of mine is upp'd eth Kelpie Snare. :azn:

7. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Merc weapon needs to be Pride for most situations but you may want to have a spare eth Reapers Toll for certain occasions like when you make cow runs. Your merc wont die even if 30 cows gang up on him if he uses eth Reapers Toll and your damage is increased since the entire cow crowd around your merc will be decreptified (if you use Atmas this might actually be a bad thing since only 1 curse can affect a monster at any one time). Also when killing bosses like Baal and Diablo I have found Reapers Toll working better than pride.