Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc Gear for a Zealer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kohlman, Sep 1, 2006.

1. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

Merc Gear for a Zealer

I have a lvl 86 Fanatic Zealer (with a few points in smite) that has most of the stuff necessary to run anything in the game (has been done with the char and current gear) and i was wondering how i should outfit my merc. Right now he uses:
    Eth Shaftstop
    Demon's Arch balrog spear (waiting for a few more lvls for bonehew)
    Vampire Gaze (clean)

A few questions, what should i put into the sockets of the bonehew?
    What should i socket the Vamp Gaze with?
    What should i socket the Shaftstop with?

BTW, he is a might merc.

Thanks for the help

2. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Kohlman, werent you on the druid forum a couple days ago?

3. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

Ya, I have a zealer, wind druid, WW barb, Trapasin, Frozorb sorc, and a newly developing fishmancer necro. I like to have as many characters as possible because i tend to get bored from time to time with my characters and want to play a different style or to suit different needs.

Example: my barb can survive almost anything, the only thing that kills him is iron maiden, so there i would get my assasin or wind druid. If i wanted to MF i would use my sorc. If i want to kill things fast, id use my zealer. He is tough enough to uber cause he has 1 point smite=smite lvl 12 or so

I just realized this because i never bothered to look into it, but can i go to other forums and post or do i need a different name? I didn't think it mattered but if it did, ill just remake a new name. Just seems like a hassle to me.

But i was trying to find out what to do with the merc on my pally cause he doesnt do enough damage and i figure that if i have the socket quests still, what should i do with them?

4. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

No you can post anywhere.

Does your merc need lifeleech or IAS or resists?

Those are probably the three most important things for a might merc. Amn up your bonehew if he dies a lot or split with a shael to get things moving a bit quicker.

IMO tho, bonewhew is a midlvl item for your merc. U should look at trying to get infinity or some other runeword that gives your zealer a bonus

5. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

infinity wont help a zealer very much imo.

if going for good / great gear, then go for:

armor - eth cubed 3k+ def fort
    helm - eth andys / gaze
    weapon - eth ca / thresher / gpa pride (the conc aura will boost ur dmg as well as his and with his might aura will be impressive)

as for now, u can either amn / shael ur bonehew and up his eth shaft. (if the eth shaft has 2.2k+ def, u may get some nice things in return depending on the ed on the original shaft)

other cheaper alternatives can be:
    reapers (weapon)
    eth up'd duriels (armor)

6. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

I am on non-ladder. most of the suggestions seem to be for ladder such as the upping and some runewords. I appreciate the help tho. I figure that he has a little life leech from the vamp gaze, but does he need more?