Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc for Windy

Discussion in 'Druid' started by boshekinthunder, Apr 4, 2004.

1. boshekinthunder

boshekinthunder IncGamers Member

Merc for Windy

Im trying to decide on a merc for a windy druid. Right now, it seems like the best options would be:

rogue merc (wf and ed/dmg armor) because windys biggest disadvantage seems to be range or,

act2 might merc or barb because they have high damage and life, these would work well when in melee range, which the windy druid seems to be at a lot.

What does everyone else think?

2. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Rogue sounds like a good choice. I'd go either for that or an act 2 HF merc to leave you more time to target each ennemy and let your merc take damage instead of you.

or maybe... if you're rich ,try a might or defiance merc with bramble and doom. ^_^;;

3. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

The last option Asheron mentions is probably to best if you have the runewords lying around.

4. boshekinthunder

boshekinthunder IncGamers Member

Also, when teleporting and minion stacking occurs, will the merc take damage first or will the summons? Or does it depend on which summon is used?

5. basvanlola

basvanlola IncGamers Member

My Act II Prayer-merc uses an ethereal Reaper's Toll.
    This weapon gives a 33% chance to cast Decrepify, which can remove physical immunity, weakens the enemies and slows them.

This works great for me as I can now take down PI/CI-monsters...

6. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

Act 2 NM Offensive for me.

I use normal Reapers Toll and there are only 1 or 2 monsters I can't kill in hell - namely PI/CI boss Grotesques and Blood Lords. Other PI/CI's seem to trigger the decripfy fine. Odd.

With 14% life steal on Reapers and 5% on helm my merc only dies to IM with 56 all res (base res, no extras from equipment). Life steal is a must, imo, otherwise he can't tank and be relied on.

7. basvanlola

basvanlola IncGamers Member

Yes, there are some PI unique monsters that refuse to have their PI taken away. Although when I fought Radament his PI was removed by the Decrepify effect on Reaper's Toll.

Indeed life-steal is a must for all mercs, otherwise you'll be spending a lot of money resurrecting him/her, not to mention all monsters attacking you when he/she dies..