Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc for Wind Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by jerichob, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

Merc for Wind Druid

Which merc do you think is best for Wind Druid? Holy Freeze or another?

2. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

holy freeze would work very wel, i got one on my hammerdin and it helps a lot slowing down monsters! so would be my choice ;)

i do think you plan on pvm'ing as in pvp mercs are only fun to kill and hear the other guy whine about the 50k that it costs :D

grzt bef

3. Draco

Draco IncGamers Member

My old wind druid used holy freezer (for pvm is really work's,.. pvp he dyes to fast :D)

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I also think Holy Freeze is the best, couple that with a Kelpie Snare/Reaper's Toll and most monsters a crippled. Holy freeze works against all types of monsters both ranged and melee since they attack slower, the only real downside is that a few monsters are immune to it's effects and that it doesn't work on act bosses.

5. jerichob

jerichob IncGamers Member

OK, how would you equip this merc? I was thinking Vampire Gaze and Reapers Toll, but what about armor?

6. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

i really wanted to "soupe" up my merc so i went doom, coh, eth rockstopper(?). i would have opted for might but didn't know if the +7k defense would seem more viable over the mercs boost in damage during pk. using a regular holy freeze merc is the next best way to go. gear him up with eth tolls reaper or eth bonehew, coh or eth stone, and some eth helm.

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Damage Reduction and defence are more important than resists, when choosing armor, because the mercenary has very high inherent resists at high levels...So an ethereal upgraded Shaftstop would be a very cool armor and if your mercenary still hasn't maxed his resists from other equipment then socket an Um rune.

8. Silenced Voice

Silenced Voice IncGamers Member

an eth item that becomes upgraded loses its eth defense bonus. don't do that. either reapers or bonehew w/ amn (eth preferred) for a weapon on holy freeze merc, or get a defiance merc and equip with doom poleaxe, which gives him holy freeze aura. a good armor for mercs in eth glads bane, CBF is priceless.

SV