Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc for My Zealot.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by exhorder, Jun 26, 2010.

1. exhorder

exhorder IncGamers Member

Merc for My Zealot.

I seen someone posted this but it was for a hammer. I'm going to be lvln my uber runner till around 90 (76 now) and wondered what would be best. A might merc or holy freeze. I'm using the grief/exile setup if that matters... whatcha guys think?

2. BewareOfLag

BewareOfLag IncGamers Member

Re: Merc for My Zealot.

there are benefits to both obviously, but all things being equal, i always lean toward holy freeze. but to me, survivability trumps all other factors. i'd rather be able to slow things down and have more time to react to bad situations than be able to do more physical damage.

that said, i have almost no experience running ubers, so someone better experienced with that may have a different opinion. its just hard to beat holy freeze, not just for your safety, but the mercs' as well. sometimes when things get nuts it gets awful hard to manage what you are doing and keeping your merc alive as well, and HF makes those situations much more manageable.

3. Kinky

Kinky IncGamers Member

Blessed Aim or Holy Freeze would be my suggestion. Pride would probably be useful for him to use.

If you're planning to use the merc FOR Ubers, then I'd go with Obedience instead--of course, that's a whole other story.

-Kinky

4. Frostadin

Frostadin IncGamers Member

If this merc is for an Uber Tristram runner then there is only one kind of merc you want, a dead one. Taking a merc into UT where his dumb actions can aggro all the Ubers at once is not a mistake you want to make.

5. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

No mercs for Uber Trist. Unless you need a gold sink.

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

I got the impression the OP just needed a merc for leveling up to 90

Honestly, you dont really need one as the best exp is CS/Baal runs, and the merc's not going to do much there anyway.

For /p1 leveling, your char should be able to already handle anything the CS or WSK can throw at you, so you only need your merc for even more offense to make runs faster. I recommend a Might merc with Treachery and Reapers. Super cheap, since you wont be using the merc once you hit L90 and go back to Uber running, and the combo of Might and Decrep will make all the monsters, even PIs, melt before your Grief zealing.

7. Kinky

Kinky IncGamers Member

It's doable :alright:

-Kinky

8. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Doable doesn't mean advisable.

Juggling chainsaws is also doable.

9. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

I also support either HF or might. Might is my preference, I play a traditional fanat zealot. Keep in mind that might = more damage + more life leech, and that keeps you alive as much as a freeze aura. Plus if you can put together a doom RM you get the best of both worlds! find a nice eth poley for it and your might merc will do serious damage. insane damage.