Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc for Hammerdin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Useratuaer, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Useratuaer

Useratuaer IncGamers Member

Merc for Hammerdin

Ok so ive made my first "Good" character and am kinda on a budget due to all the spending ive been doing on this character. With that out of the way, everyone and there brother has a merc nowadays, so I figure its about time I man up and get one. What would be the best merc for my hammerdin and where should I lvl him up. I was thinking one of those act2 mercenarys.(since everyone and there mother has one)
    Heres the gear I could afford to spare on a merc.
    Body:Shaftstop
    Helm:?
    Weapon:Bonehew(assuming act2 is the best if not im lost)

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

It all depends on what you intend to do with your mercenary. My hammerdin mostly runs chaos, even at 92, and clears it quite nicely... and he uses a rogue mercenary, with wf bow, crown of theives for the leech, and durry's shell for the hell of it. Wf is a bit up there, admittedly, but the rest of her gear doesn't matter, long as she's got life leech somewhere.

Outside of chaos sanctuary and potentially baal runs, a2 merc might be better simply because of the higher damage. However, I imagine that since he would cause the monsters to congregate around him, rather than the rogue, who steps backward and lets them get around you, he would slow you down rather than help you out. But if you do decide to go a2, use crown of theives helm - like 9-12% life leech, I think, and cheap as anything.

3. chono123

chono123 IncGamers Member

i use a act2 defiance merc. give you and him a lot of def while u hammer them away. my merc also uses doom and delerium to confuse the crap out of the monsters. the doom for hf. but if that too expensive at least get the delerium imo. ur con will up his dam. i get leach from coh for merc.

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

My Waheed is a prayer merc that uses tal's helm/armor combo with insight...raised him from lvl 1 to 87... prayer has saved my pally and waheed's life a few times..so I find it worth it.

HoS

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I think for a pure CS runner, a very good merc might be Act3 cold merc with Azurewrath weapon. The aura on Azurewrath causes knockback on all undead in the area... and the most dangerous enemies in CS are undead. Anyone?

6. MyCompSucks

MyCompSucks IncGamers Member

my hammerdin uses a nm def a2 merc (holy freeze) with a insight and a andy's helm with a fort armor (yes, i know expensive)
    he just dies in CS runs due to IM
    I really like the slowing factor of hf sometimes, allows me to tele out.
    For a CS runner, i probally wouldn't use a hammerdin, i'd want a bowazon with a valk +a1/3 merc