Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc Faith Bow Comparison

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Physic, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Physic

Physic IncGamers Member

Merc Faith Bow Comparison

I've been trying to find math on the different bows you can put faith in for your merc and haven't been able to come up with it. I've read great bow a few places due to being slightly faster, but there seems to be a lot of contradictory stuff out there.

2. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Re: Merc Faith Bow Comparison

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/bows.shtml

Great Bow(-10) has 20+ speed in difference to the highest damaging bows, and 7 less in avg damage. Shadow bow provides 37 damage and a (0) standing point, but requires 188 dex, diamond bow provides a 36,5 avg damage and (0) speed, requires 132 dex.

There should be a merc guide that provides the IAS hitpoint and so on.

3. Pif

Pif IncGamers Member

Re: Merc Faith Bow Comparison

Hi,

I think what you should go for will be largely determined by your merc IAS equipment and fanatacism aura. For example if we assume you have a level 15 fanatacism a great bow or blade bow needs only +8% IAS to hit 10 frames/2.5 attacks per second and +30% to hit 9 frames and 2.7 attacks per second whereas to hit the same breakpoints with a shadow bow needs +20% and +48% IAS respectively. A hydra bow would need +35% and +70%.

I hope that helps.

These figures are derived from the German weapon speed calculator. Dunno if we're supposed to post a link here. I cant think why not but I've left it just in case the moderators object.

I'll post the link if its OK though. You can then test out with various fanatacism levels, IAS and weapon types.

Cheers

Pif