Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc equipment setup questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by hiphopbunny, Jan 31, 2004.

1. hiphopbunny

hiphopbunny IncGamers Member

Merc equipment setup questions

I've got a Might merc with Bramble finally up ( scrounged left and right, and got some *questionable* donations :) ), and I've got a couple of questions I need to ask.

(a) Thorns aura - I've got it from my Bramble. The question is that, since Thorns (from how I read it) returns melee damage, should Damage Reduction items be used? I'm using a Rockstopper now. Without the DR, would the Thorns aura be much more effective?

(b) Ethereal Shako. I found an ethereal Shako. Would equipping it boost the level of the Thorns aura granted by Bramble? If it does, would it be enough to compensate for the 10% DR the Shako gives? If not, what would be the ideal head gear?

(c) What lvl Might aura does at lvl 89 merc have?

(d) What's the ideal weapon? My merc is currently using a Hone Sudan with Shael Shael Amn (mainly for crushing blow).. I'm looking for an ethereal one to upgrade, but is there any better polearm/spear to recommend?

2. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

a) Damage returned to monsters is based on how much damage they roll, not how much they actually do to you, so DR would work and not diminish thorns.

b) It would only increase the thorns aura if it was a thorns merc. +skills doesn't increase granted skills

c) I believe level 17 is the cap if there are no +skills items. He achieves level 17 might at level 51.

d) I like the Hone Sundan... I use amn amn amn in mine, and I couple it with Guillaume's face for 80% Crushing Blow. Arioc's is probably a better alternative depending on what your build is. the extra +skills could really help you. If he can get the STR for it, The upgraded Meat Scraper isn't a bad item for MF mercs... it's 25 MF, 10 life leech, 30 IAS and open wounds. If the +skill tab thingies still work, the +3 combat masteries on the MS would increase the aura of Might, Holy Freeze, Blessed Aim mercs (offensive auras are middle tab, same as Combat Masteries)

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Actually the Might Merc on level 89 has a Might aura with level 18. Might auras can get up to 20.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

pre 1.10 all auras were level/3 = slvl of aura.

What is the new calculation?

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I don't know. But I could give you an URL where all the levels and stats are. Should be fun if you like statistics.