Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc aura problems

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by cccp is cooler than you, May 31, 2008.

1. cccp is cooler than you

cccp is cooler than you Banned

Merc aura problems

So i made a nice polearm with insight (for the meditation (i got a lvl 12 :-[)) and i gave it to my merc but he doesnt have aura. Im thinking its probably a problem with the fact that he already has the prayer aura? Or are mercs queer and can't use item auras? Can someone plz tell me how to get this arua on him because i really cant go running around with a massive since i am a sorc after all.

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Merc aura problems

If I remember right, mercs can have maximum of two auras at the same time(so act2 mercs can only get one aura from items, since they already have their own aura). Correct me if I'm wrong.

There is also a bug with aura items on mercs. When you raise your merc after death, auras from items won't work. You have to re-equip the item for the aura to work again(take the item away and give it back).

Also when you leave town, it might take a while for the merc to activate his aura. I've seen many times when my might merc only activates his aura after getting in contact with some enemies.

3. cccp is cooler than you

cccp is cooler than you Banned

well he activates is prayer aura fine and it works but never the meditation

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

These two bugs are actually one. If you unequip and equip e.g. the armor from a merc, the aura from the weapon will be decativated and it's probably the same with equipping anything while another item adds an aura. Only the item which you equip last on a merc can provide an additional aura, it seems.

5. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

And I thought it was limited to three aura's per merc (maybe four for Act 2 merc).

6. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Hmm, so is there anyway around this? If no, then doesn't that mean mercs can only have 1 aura active at any one time(2 for act 2 mercs)?

7. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

A Merc can definitely have 2 aura's active. Re-equiping should activate it instantly. Act 2 Prayer Mercs even synergise with the Meditation aura from the polearm and are widely used for it. Both aura's should visually alternate every x seconds.

8. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Even non-act2 mercs?

9. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

I'm pretty sure they can, but there's a cap somewhere. It had something to do with the Merc being alive when you create a game compared to when you resurrect him in-game. I can't tell you much more though, I'm no expert and I didn't memorize the content of the last thread about it.

10. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

iirc when you resurrect a merc, he only gets the aura from the item you re-equip last (until you re-equip one, he doesn't get any item auras). but if he's alive when you create a game, he'll use all item-granted auras.

and remember that an act 2 merc's natural aura only activates (for the first time, anyway) when he's attacking, so it can take a while before it randomly pops on.

11. krischan

When resurrecting a merc, the aura from the weapon is always gone, but the reason might be that the game equips them with the weapon not being last. That could be checked by taking away everything but the weapon, getting him killed and resurrecting him.

12. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

That comment on its own probably makes no sense whatsoever to a random guy with the question "why do my merc's auras not work as intended?".

13. krischan

I gave a possible explanation which makes sense, so I don't understand in which way it shouldn't.

14. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Your merc's aura's don't work as intended because...

When resurrecting a merc, the aura from the weapon is always gone....

....therefore, you need to requip the weapon each time you ressurect him for the aura to reappear.