Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Merc armor

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by dragonballdzija, Jul 7, 2010.

1. dragonballdzija

dragonballdzija IncGamers Member

Merc armor

I have question about what is better armor for my merc.I play with hammer pala and have act 2 frese aura merc.He have obidiance and gaze, and until now he was using stone for armor with some 4 k defence.Yesterday i have found non eth leviatan with around 1500def and 25 damage redustion.What armor is better
    +2500 def or 25 dmg reduvtion.I am donig cs runs mostly.

thanks in advance

2. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

Re: Merc armor

Both defense and damage reduction have their merits, and which is better depends on which areas you run and how.

Defense makes your merc less likely to be hit, and is more valuable if your typical enemy hits less often but hits hard when he does.

Damage reduction is great against weak but rapid attacks. Best example would be the Tomb Vipers in Nihlathak's Halls of Vaught, enough damage reduction will negate their damage completely.

I'd pick the Leviathan and the damage reduction, since that will be universally useful.

3. bobygeo

bobygeo IncGamers Member

U should try Treachery (Shael + Thul + Lem) in a ebugged eth elite armor for :
    +45% Increased Attack Speed
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck that gives : [email protected] res + 15%dr,
    After fade activates merc is prety much unstopable.

after many tests what works best for me is :

Act 2 merc from normal - Combat (Prayer) with :

Vampire Gaze eth or normal (eth is just for style) - 20%dr & 8ll is recomended

insight in eth Great Poleaxe - 17 aura & 6 critical strike recomended (critical strike works like ama skill & at lvl 6 it gives 46% chance of double dmg)

eth Treachery in eth ebugged elite armor - preferably light armor - eth archon plate works the best.

with this build U will have 35%dr & 6.5 fpa (3.8 attacks per second) with an open socket in the helm.(if U put ber in the helm U reach 43%dr)

U could use Insight in eth tresher or eth giant tresher & U will reach 6 fpa (4.1 attacks per second)

don't use eth CV or eth CA - 7 fpa (3.5 attacks per second)

With this setup (after fade activate) merc doesn't die (except at ubers)

cheers

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  4. dragonballdzija

dragonballdzija IncGamers Member

Ok,thanks for answers,ill keep the leviatan then.

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yeah the levi is good for now, and is a nice merc armor with high def, DR, and +str...but as a hammerdin you need the merc mostly just to stay alive and be a walking aura, you dont need a meat shield as much since your hammers clear rooms really fast. I'd second the recommendation for Treachery, as it will help your merc pick off the few rare Magic Immunes you might encounter, like Throne Wave 2.