Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

merc and hammerdin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by svata, Feb 18, 2004.

1. svata

svata IncGamers Member

merc and hammerdin

What mercs do you like with hammerdin builds?

Thinking of using a barb merc since they stay alive and can attract lots of mosters. What mercs do you like to use and which are really bad for hammerdin builds?

thx

2. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Does anyone use mercs these days?

3. btuttle1

btuttle1 IncGamers Member

Act II Nightmare Defensive Merc (Holy Freeze), seems to be the most common merc used for Hammerdins.

4. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Agree Holy Freeze merc is the basic choice, but would like to hear from people with different combos. My feeling is that you can not use act 1 rogues or act 3 wizards because it would be impossible to keep them alive. Being a hammerdin you are looking for clusters of mosters and neither of these had the ai to keep their distance.

I am trying to figure out if an a5 barbarian would be a goood choice since they could help collect monsters. But will they be hard to keep alive for a hemmmerdin?

Appreciate peoples stories on what they have tried.

Thx

5. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Agree Holy Freeze merc is the basic choice, but would like to hear from people with different combos. My feeling is that you can not use act 1 rogues or act 3 wizards because it would be impossible to keep them alive. Being a hammerdin you are looking for clusters of mosters and neither of these had the ai to keep their distance.

I am trying to figure out if an a5 barbarian would be a goood choice since they could help collect monsters. But will they be hard to keep alive for a hemmmerdin?

Appreciate peoples stories on what they have tried.

Thx

PS Know it is not viable but the act 3 fire merc would be cool. Though their damage is low and you can't keep them alive, they can really fill the screen with fire ar high levels and with hexfire etc... you can really up their + skills.

6. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

I got a a5 barb merc from hell basically cause im lazy and dont feel like leveling a a2 nm merc.

The only time he ever dies is when there are about 8+gloams in hell baal runs packed tightly and he eats every one of there bolts. He wears eth BOTD CB, up'd shaft, up'd 6% arreats.

Previously his weap was a more affordable 213%GF and he performed just about the same. With my concentration aura he does about 8k dmg and leeches 18%life if i remember right.

7. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Thanks for your comment on the a5 barb merc. What is his ai like? is it helpfull for a hammerdin or annoying?

8. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

defiance merc is what id love ^_^

9. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

barb seems to chase after everything he sees...

10. Dreamsmith

Dreamsmith IncGamers Member

??? My experience has been that these are the easiest mercs to keep alive, as, unlike act 2 and 5 mercs, they don't rush up to the enemy but instead fire from a distance.

11. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Dear Dream:
    What do you equip the a3 mercs with to keep them alive since they have no life leech? Also, are the a3 ice or fire(this one at high levels looks really cool) mercs effective or just posers?
    Thx